1. If you are searching for an item from a hold slip and you can’t find said item, please go into the patron record, go to the holds tab, and cancel the hold, choosing the “cancel hold and change status to missing” option. This is important because it a) informs the patron that our copy is missing and b) lets them request it via NExpress or ILL.
2. Before DVDs go back to the shelves, please make sure their cases are locked!
Reminders for the summer:
• All Summer students, faculty, and staff, have printing privileges just like the AY – login and release. Quotas are in effect.
o Breadloaf INLCUDED
o LS families are NOT included
• Patrons will need to activate their MIDD username and password. Please direct them to the Helpdesk or go/activate.
• IDs are required, just like during the AY. Breadloaf patrons have IDs with their name and ID # on them, but they may not swipe. If that is the case, just type in the ID #.
• Davison (Breadloaf) books brought into the Davis Family Library will probably set off the alarm as there is no desensitizer at Breadloaf. If this happens, just desensitize them.
• Licensed software is not available to Summer patrons (i.e. Microsoft Office)
• Items listed as “Available” in the catalog are requestable during the summer. We should be running paging slips every morning and placing these items on the hold shelf.
• Carrels and lockers are available and have a fixed due date of 8/12. This date should not be altered. There is no carrel agreement to sign during the summer.
• The Breadloaf courier will come to get the bin (which will live on the desk between Kim and Janine) mornings and afternoons M-F and mornings on Sat and Sun. They will call from the loading dock.
Here’s a link to Off-campus Access to LIS Resources where BLSE faculty and students can activate their passwords. The link also has guidelines for accessing email, book renewals, ILL, and lots of good information for Bread Loaf members.