Students, faculty, and staff at Middlebury now have access to over 140,000 e-books on the EBSCO e-book platform.
Ranging from history, religion, and the sciences to poetry, languages, and the arts, these books are available from on-campus or off-campus to multiple simultaneous users.
Over the next few days, these books will become discoverable in Summon, and can be found in Midcat in a few weeks. Let us know what you think – contact your liaison or email@example.com
The libraries are pleased to support the Art and Science of Mindful Engagement during the Clifford Symposium and beyond. Dip into a few recommended books on display, let a podcast walk you through a guided meditation, and disconnect from daily stressors in the Unplug and Recharge Room. (Or, borrow meditation cushions from the Circulation Desk and use them anywhere in the library!)
All will be available during regular library hours now through mid-October.
Library Book Display (Davis Family Library): Recommendations from faculty, students, and staff for mindfulness and meditation readings. Browse and borrow whatever you like! Located on the main level of the Davis Family Library.
Guided Meditation Station (Davis Family Library): Pick a blue chair, put on the headphones, and hit “play.” A professional will walk you through a short guided meditation exercise. Try it and see how you feel afterward! Located on the main level of the Davis Family Library.
Unplug and Recharge Room (Davis Family Library): Take a break and disconnect from daily stressors. A secluded corner of the library will be screened off to create a temporary Unplug and Recharge Room with meditation cushions and soft lighting. Located on the upper level of the Davis Family Library.
Meditation Cushions (Davis Family Library and Armstrong Library): Thanks to the Scott Center for Spiritual and Religious Life, we are able to offer loaner meditation cushions for the whole school year. Check them out from the Circulation Desk, and use them anywhere in the library for 2 hours.
Library hours at http://go.middlebury.edu/hours.
The upgrade is now complete.
The ILLiad web pages will be down from 9:00 am today while we upgrade the ILLiad software to v8.7. The ILL web site will be inaccessible for only a short time, assuming all goes well with the update.
If anyone has problems after 2:00 pm, please contact Rachel Manning at x5498 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Took some time to get the meeting going, meeting was not showing up in some people’s Hangout dashboard
- Sean showed Joe how to park a Hangout url, we will use that from now on
Canvas LTI Governance
- Joe shared Bill K’s feedback with the rest of the ACTT
- Requests should be submitted to ATG/DLC/ODL by faculty, requests should be shared with the ACTT
- ATG/DLC/ODL members will evaluate the LTI
- Test installation
- Confirm utility with requestor
- Check use of student data by the LTI
- Complete the SaaS if necessary.
- ACTT will confirm completion of the evaluation, and will evaluate for the sub-account and platform levels.
- A flowchart of the process is available here.
- Q: Can we create a list of LTIs and where they are in the process?
- A: yes. Let’s start with a spreadsheet, then see if that is adequate
- Q: Do we know what LTIs have been installed already?
- A: yes. Canvas can export an LTI report. Joe will run the report and share it.
- Attendance tool was disabled, it creates conflicts with the gradebook. We’ll collect requests, examine the feature, and maybe address the conflict with education for the following semester.
Web Conferencing/Adobe Connect Replacement
- Bob, Sean and Joe met with Petar and Mack to discuss a plan for looking at 4 services in a short amount of time. The hope is we can either eliminate a few, or identify one that is noticeably better than the others.
- In one meeting the Extended Team and other guests will spend 10-15 minutes in each services, test features, then jump to the next service.
- The invitation will be shared on the All Things Digital Slack channel, as well
- Interested faculty can join via invitation.
- Plan is to do this at the Extended Team meeting on October 4th.
- Bob, Sean, Petar, Mack and Joe will design a detailed plan on October 3rd, Joe will share out with the meeting invitation.
- We will have an open In-progress Project meeting on October 11th to discuss the results.
It can take a while for a student to show up in the course roster after they have submitted an add/drop card. Faculty can add students to the Canvas course site while this process is happening, however students will not be available through Canvas until they have been added to a Canvas course space using […]
We completed an upgrade of our WordPress server infrastructure last week, which we believe will address some recent issues with the service.
Fixes and Tweaks