Categories: LIS Staff Interest
Topic: Interactive Workshop Activities. Led by Joe Antonioli, Brenda Ellis, Stacy Reardon and Carrie Macfarlane.
Who’s Invited: All liaisons and anyone who might be interested
Who’s “Required”: Primary liaisons, please try to attend if you can. Sorry in advance for any conflicts.
When and where: Friday, December 13, 10-11 am. LIB145.
We continue to experiment with techniques that make our workshops more interactive. Joe, Brenda, Stacy and Carrie will share their recent attempts, then turn the floor over to the group for discussion. Come ready to tell others about your own ideas, whether you’ve tested them in the classroom or not. Bring a laptop if you want to experiment with concept mapping. This is part 2 of our discussion from last October (October 2012: Increasing student participation in workshops).
“Liaison Discussion Section” meetings address research and/or technology topics of interest to liaisons. They can be conversations, or presentations, or both. They take place most often on the 3rd week of the month, but in order to allow people who work different hours to attend, they’re sometimes scheduled for different days/times.
Categories: Helpdesk Alerts, LIS Staff Interest
This Sunday morning the following network and system maintenance items are scheduled during our regular maintenance window.
(1) Between 6:30 am and 8:00 am, replace a network switch that provides network connectivity to the 3rd floor of BiHall. There will be a less than 30 minute interruption of network connectivity to all computers on the 3rd floor of BiHall.
(2) Between 8 am and 9 am, apply a patch to Web Help Desk. There will be a less than 10 minute interruption of service for Web Help Desk.
Categories: LIS Staff Interest
The campus wide food drive sponsored by the Staff Council is now underway. Non-perishable and not-outdated food items donated will be distributed to area food shelves this month with Friday December 20th being the final day. Please donate items by twelve noon on Friday 12/20/13. There’s now a cardboard box in the Davis Family Library staff room. Please give generously – the need is very great.
Categories: LIS Staff Interest, lisblog, Post for MiddPoints
Please join us as we engage in a conversation and demonstration about the possibilities of iPad in Higher Education with Apple Systems Engineer, Lars Ljungholm on Monday, December 9th.
We are currently undergoing a shift in the education landscape. Students are now growing up in – and graduating into – a connected, information-rich world which presents both challenges and opportunities for educators. Faculty can use mobile learning tools to help personalize learning, engage and motivate students, and practice authentic assessment. At this session, we will be discussing and demonstrating the use of iPad and various apps that you can use to enhance your personal productivity and professional work both in and out of the classroom.
There will be a morning and an afternoon session in rm 105 in the Davis Family Library.
If you would like to attend please sign up for one of the sessions using this link - https://docs.google.com/a/middlebury.edu/forms/d/12vcWvum-OKFagVpiE4R-GzXFin5Im4SE2UsAHJQ2fkc/viewform
Categories: LIS Staff Interest, Middlebury Community Interest
For trend comparison, the previous month’s statistics are included in parentheses.
- www.middlebury.edu: 448,980 (445,731) visits from 260,230 (260,788) people
- sites.middlebury.edu: 67,394 (69,936) visits from 56,212 (57,364) people
- catalog.middlebury.edu: 36,063 (11,159) visits from 28,608 (9,978) people
- menus.middlebury.edu: 35,255 (37,825) visits from 19,571 (19,595) people
- mediawiki.middlebury.edu: 21,648 (27,336) visits from 20,454 (25,518) people
- courses.middlebury.edu: 15,181 (18,020) visits from 12,254 (13,426) people
- biblio.middlebury.edu: 12,768 (12,307) visits from 10,206 (11,285) people
- portal.middlebury.edu: 12,424 (14,340) visits from 7,069 (8,227) people
- web.middlebury.edu: 10,729 (12,307) visits from 10,094 (11,285) people
- eres.middlebury.edu: 6,993 (9,869) visits from 5,883 (8,054) people
- www.middlebury.edu: 215,158 (227,130) pageviews
- catalog.middlebury.edu/schedules/index/catalog/catalog/MCUG/term/term/201420: 85,548 (9,481) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/athletics: 37,042 (28,629) pageviews
- menus.middlebury.edu: 36,457 (37,906) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/academics: 25,351 (26,568) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/academics/lib: 20,709 (22,927) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/academics/resources/scheduling: 20,633 (5,954) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/athletics/sports: 20,147 (16,412) pageviews
- portal.middlebury.edu/home: 15,930 (18,780) pageviews
- www.middlebury.edu/admissions: 15,889 (21,047) pageviews
- Search Midd: 438 (540)
- middfiles: 313 (300)
- schedule planner: 292 (27)
- academic calendar: 259 (321)
- moodle: 243 (354)
- my schedule planner: 134 (16)
- distribution requirements: 130 (37)
- sites.middlebury.edu: 109 (121)
- menu: 103 (134)
- registration: 95 (36)
- Safari: 34.73% (33.65%)
- Desktop Safari: 20.70% (19.49%)
- Mobile Safari: 13.07% (13.11%)
- Safari (in-app): 0.96% (1.05%)
- Chrome: 30.90% (29.14%)
- Firefox: 16.70% (17.51%)
- Internet Explorer: 15.24% (17.61%)*
- IE8: 7.55% (8.74%)
- IE10: 4.04% (4.56%)
- IE9: 2.05% (2.42%)
- IE7: 1.56% (1.85%)
- IE6: 0.03% (0.03%)
- Android Browser: 1.11% (1.09%)
* Note: Google Analytics is currently unable to identify traffic from IE 11.
- Macintosh: 42.35% (39.22%)
- Windows: 39.81% (42.61%)
- iOS: 14.84% (15.00%)
- Android: 2.16% (2.06%)
- Linux: 0.35% (0.38%)
- BlackBerry: 0.09% (0.08%)
- Windows Phone: 0.09% (0.08%)
Categories: LIS Staff Interest, Middlebury Community Interest, Post for MiddNotes, Post for MiddPoints
Due to the holidays and shipping madness, the increased risk of losses, and the lack of open libraries willing to send things, the Interlibrary Loan Department limits ordering and shipping during the second half of December.
If you need anything before winter break request it now! Interlibrary loan requests submitted to ILLiad after Dec. 15th will be ordered in early January.
ILLiad article requests will continue to be filled by RapidILL through Dec. 20st, but requests must have a valid ISSN and year to be processed by Rapid.
For loan materials use NExpress: (http://go/NExpress). NExpress will stay open during break. Requests placed in NExpress go straight to the Lending Library for processing. Loans ordered from NExpress over break should arrive in early January.