So just an interesting experience I had yesterday concerning the whole “spring forward” deal. See, I didn’t realize that daylight savings started yesterday. I’m horrible with remembering these kinds of things. And yet, when I had to meet my friends at 3, I made it on time. How could this be? It’s simple!

I don’t use any kind of time-telling device that isn’t automatically monitored to adjust for daylight savings!

i.e. Technology stole an hour away from my life.

The only clock I have that I needed to adjust manually was my wristwatch, which I didn’t notice was wrong until now because I have a hard time using it (it’s analog; I can’t read it well). I use my cellphone or computer for everything else. I had a radio alarm clock, but I got rid of it once I discovered how much easier and efficient it is to just use my cell.

I’ve never had this happen to me before, so I thought it might be kind of interesting to share it with you all.

🙂

2 thoughts on “Madness? This is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!

1. I know what you mean. Around one the night in question, I tried to set my atomic alarm clock. I told it that it needed to go on EDT, and then tried to make it two o’clock. Nothing doing. My clock was telling me that there would not be a two o’clock this particular morning. I was forced to tell the clock to shove it and go back to EST. The next morning, I found it on EST, but digitizing happily at the correct, hour-later time. It was a reasonably frustrating experience as I don’t like it when technology tries to pretend that it’s smarter than I am.