[youtube TF3z-j8o39I]
Now this one is a bit different than the shining or office space remix trailer because it doesn’t try to “remix” the film’s genre, storyline, etc. but rather takes one aspect of fargo (i.e. how it portrays south dakotans) and analyzes it. Interesting to think about how remix videos can function differently.

2 thoughts on “Another movie remix

1. I only have to travel a couple of hours north to be in the region known as “upnort,” where “yeah” is a phrase du jour. The first time I watched Fargo, the unflinching and inarguably humorous portrayal of a regional speech mode held my attention throughout the whole movie, for although the Cohen brothers may have had their tongues in their cheeks, there is something very dead-on in what they captured. We just need to spend more time in one of those knick-knack-ridden living rooms.

Also, William H. Macy’s character is Minnesotan. Fargo is in the borderlands, more upnort than Dakotan.

2. When I watched this movie, I couldn’t believe the accents used… I thought it was a joke. But, it turns out to be true that these people speak in such a way as portrayed in this movie.