So as I am sitting here trying thinking about my reading response to McLuhan’s article, about how print media is becoming “obsolete”, I can’t help but think about my experiences over this past seven or so months. Starting this past July I started working for Boat International, a media group that publishes various magazines, books and other supplements for the superyacht industry. For months I worked laboriously on editing and designing features for their monthly magazine (Boat International USA) and for their pièce de résistance – the annual Megayachts book. What amazed me the most from this experience was how integrated electronic media had been in the creation of these pieces of print media. The two were interdependent upon each other. Every day articles and photographs were uploaded to the server from writers and photographers who were aboard yachts in the middle of the ocean. Hourly emails were exchanged between the various other Boat International offices. And finally, when all was said and done, the features were uploaded directly to the printer in Dubai. Without the use of electronic media, the Boat International USA magazine or the perfect coffee table book Megayachts would not have been possible.