Well, there’s not much to say here. Technology and I have met, say hi when we pass each other in the halls, and share a few laughs once in a while. I can use plenty of technology as a basic consumer; I’m clearly on a computer right now, but I don’t know how any of it works and I’m probably the poster-child for user error. I can’t even figure out where to upload my shiny new Facebook badge to that… place, with… the other badges… yeah. I’m probably the vaccine to viral media simply because I can’t find my way around. But I’m hoping that will change.

I use the basics like my cell phone, ipod, email, facebook (who am I kidding, I never check that thing), forums, DeviantArt, Fanfiction.net, digital cameras, eBay, and TextTwist. I can use wikipedia but I’ve never edited a wiki before this class. I don’t even comment on blogs. I play some video games, but only the ones where you can trade monumental amounts of time for skill. I haven’t played video games since my last bouts of Riven, Oregon Trail II, and Starcraft. I use YouTube, but mostly only what other people show me first. I can program a VCR, but that skill seems so obsolete now. I only hope I can survive this class.

Oh yeah, I run Windows and will be running Internet Explorer until I finish posting because I’ll probably mess it up and lose my browsing capability when I do it. Mac illiteracy hurts more than I expected at Midd.

One thought on “Laria’s techno-bio

1. Reading your techno-bio really made me laugh because I see a lot of myself in your background! I have such a routine with the programs I use, and I’m pretty stubborn about switching permanently to other programs, even if I know they are better. I know I should be using Firefox vs. Safari or Internet Explorer. I also know YouTube has hundreds of thousands of videos but I just wait for my friends to show me ones that are worthwhile. If you ever get around to trying guitar hero though, I recommend it…it’s easy to catch on