Complaints about noise in Armstrong

I received a complaint about noise caused by the installation of wiring to our new carrels. In case someone complains to you, here’s what I said:

• The noise is caused by the installation of power and data wiring to the new carrels.
  • Once the wiring has been installed, there will be no other changes to the space.
  • The timing of the installation of the carrels was governed by budget review processes, the shop that built the carrels, and Facilities (who needed to install wiring). I’m guessing that Facilities doesn’t have enough staff to support off-hours installations.
  • I have posted a sign announcing that there might be disruptions from time to time.
  • In the end, I believe that the disruptions will be worthwhile. Students requested carrels (and tables and soft chairs) when we asked them last year what furniture they would want.

Please refer complaints about this or any other issue to me or another supervisor.

Thanks!

Carrie

1. Hm, good question! I guess I’d say that if it keeps ringing then it would be a good idea for a staff member to go downstairs and tell the person on the other end of the line that whoever they’re trying to reach isn’t at that number! I’ll ask Todd to be sure he agrees, though…

I’m in Armstrong right now and I don’t hear it–or else I’d go take care of it myself!

2. Reid, or anyone who hears the phone ringing in the downstairs, please answer and let the caller know they have the wrong number, Thanks.