Toothpaste For Dinner
toothpastefordinner.com

Oh toothpaste for dinner. You are omnipresent. From staring at me from bright orange of “The Wonnacott Word” in the toliet stall to printed across the chest of the awkward girl who rings me up at the Co-op, your snarky sense of humor has become mass-marketable.
Toothpaste for dinner has actually proven so successful an enterprise that his wife also has her own oddball site Natalie Dee and they have a joint effort Married to the Sea

And while the comics can be politically clever, offer scathing social commentary, or seve as icons of pop culture, for the most part their just strange. And, in my opinion, most these people never would have gotten published if wasn’t for the internet. On the other hand, a lot of this comics are way wittier, and in some sense more “artistic” than the Garfield I read in the Sunday funnies. Due to the democratic nature of the internet, should webcomics not be held to the same standards as print? I don’t know–it’s hard to say. It’s a double-edge sword, I suppose. More individuals are exposed to web-comics thanks to the viral nature, but in their mass-reproducibility, they seem to lose some of their credentials.