MiddCORE Summer Intern Lab applications are due 4/1 – don’t miss the deadline!
What our Alumni are saying about MiddCORE Summer Intern Lab
For two hours a week in June-July, join 30+ mentors from the MiddCORE community to build critical skills for professional success. Each Tuesday night, you will be joined by young alumni and distinguished MiddCORE Mentors to dive into interactive skill-building sessions and gain real-world insights. Each week is designed to build on the next. Realize your potential this summer and deepen your connections within the Middlebury community.
MiddCORE Summer Intern Lab is designed to complement your summer experience, from anywhere!
As recognition for completing the MiddCORE Summer Intern Lab, you will receive a $250 professional development award for attending all sessions.
Invest in yourself this summer
Apply Now! Applications Due April 1
UpNext: Careers in Climate Solutions coming March 30-31. If you are interested in a career in climate solutions, don’t miss this chance to meet Midd alumni working in the field!
Climate Change touches everything, but it can be hard to know how to match your interests, skills, and passions up as you consider your career.
This two-day UpNext: Climate Careers program seeks to demystify the many existing and developing climate careers and sectors. The event is open to all students in all majors.
Through this panel discussion and networking reception (as well as small group discussions on Friday, March 31st), students will get an insider’s understanding of the opportunities, available career paths, and roles and skills necessary to enter future jobs and internships.
Panelists will talk about current and emerging trends shaping opportunities to work on climate change and their implications. Students also get a first-hand look into the personal career paths of participating alumni.
Cohosted by Center for Careers and Internships and Climate Action Capacity Project (CACP)
This event features:
- Alumni Panel – Thursday, March 30th at 4:30 pm in Wilson Hall/McCullough Student Center.
- Networking Reception – Thursday, March 30th in Wilson Hall after the Alumni Panel. Stick around to enjoy light snacks and networking with alumni, faculty, and fellow students.
- Small Group Career Conversations – 10:00 am-12:00 pm – Experienced alumni professionals currently employed by a variety of organizations and firms all relating to climate solutions will host multiple breakout sessions designed to set you up for success as you explore career possibilities, apply for positions, interview, and begin your own career tackling the solutions towards one of society’s largest global problems. Each workshop is 1 hour; stay as long as you can or visit another sector and expand your knowledge base.
Opportunities in Finance
Included below are EVENTS, and NEW or HOT financial services opportunities posted this past week in Handshake. There are many, many additional positions, which can be found using Handshake filters and/or search alerts. Please APPLY EARLY! Interviews are offered on a rolling basis, usually before the deadline! Positions may be removed from Handshake before a deadline occurs.
Upcoming Middlebury Events
- Mar. 28 at 7:00 p.m. – Careers on the Buy-Side: Private Equity & Venture Capital Virtual Alumni Panel – Register Here
- Apr. 3 at 5:45 p.m. in Hillcrest 103 – Diversity at Bank of America Networking Register Here
- Apr. 3 at 6:00 p.m. in Hillcrest 103 – Bank of America Info Session Register Here
- Apr. 4 at 6:00 p.m. – Partners Group Virtual Information Session (Investment Management) Register Here
- Apr. 17 at 6:00 p.m. – Oak Hill Advisors Information Session (Alternative Investment Management) SAVE THE DATE
- Apr. 19 at 7:30 p.m. – Volition Capital “Opportunities in Growth Equity” Info Session Register Here
- Late April – Chestnut Partners Info Session TBA
Hot Opportunity Deadlines (Campus Recruiting & Alumni Referrals – Apply in Handshake)
- Mar. 26 – 2023 Summer Financial Analyst Intern, Focus Advisory Services
- Mar. 28 – 2024 Summer Analyst, Investor Relations/Client Coverage, Oak Hill Advisors OCR
- Apr. 1 – Finance/Accounting Leadership Rotation Program, National Life Group
- Apr. 25 – US Analyst-US Corporate Coverage, Credit Agricole CIB
- Apr. 30 – US Analyst-Loan Origination Support, Credit Agricole CIB
- Oct. 28 – 2024 Investment Team Intern, Investure (Charlottesville) Middlebury’s Investment Firm
Experiential Learning Program Deadlines
- Mar. 26 – 2023 J-NOBLE Investment Banking Diversity Symposium, Jefferies Apply Here
- Mar. 31 – 2023 North Star Sophomore Experiential Learning Program, Vanguard (remote)
- Mar. 31 – Business Course NYC May 2023, Flow Traders
- May 1 – 2024 Commercial Banking Early Insight Programs
- May 1 – Accelerator Summer Business Immersion at Vanderbilt
This Week’s New Internships
- Mar. 26 – 2024 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program, Wells Fargo (mult cities)
- Mar. 26 – 2024 CIB Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Program, Wells Fargo (mult cities)
- Mar. 28 – 2024 Summer Analyst, Investor Relations/Client Coverage, Oak Hill Advisors
- Mar. 31 – 2023 Summer Analyst-Infrastructure, TD
- Mar. 31 – 2023 Summer Intern Program-Lenders Finance Group, SMBC
- Apr. 14 – 2023 Middle Market Underwriting Intern, Hanover Insurance Group
- Apr. 14 – 2024 Merchang Banking Summer Analyst, Incentrum Group
- Apr. 17 – 2024 Investor Relations Summer Analyst, Ares Management
- Apr. 17 – 2023 Financial Advisor Intern, Northwestern Mutual
- Apr. 20 – 2024 Private Funds Group Summer Analyst, Evercore
- Apr. 21 – 2023 Finance Analyst-Discovery Programme, Barclays
- Apr. 24 – 2024 Real Estate Capital Markets Summer Analyst, Blackstone
- Apr. 30 – 2023 Investment Management Summer Analyst, Nomura Securities
- Apr. 30 – 2023 Investment Operations Intern, Fiducient (Hartford)
- May 1 – 2024 Commercial Banking Insights Programs-Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Summer Analyst, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- May 1 – 2023 Early Career General Insurance Casualty Risk Consulting Intern, AIG (LA & Houston)
- May 1 – 2023 Summer Investment Analyst, Heritage Holding
- May 5 – 2023 Compliance Risk and Diligence Intern, Kroll (Philadelphia, DC, Chicago)
- May 30 – 2023 Renewable Investments Summer Generalist Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – 2024 Property Trust Summer Analyst, Starwood Capital Group
- May 31 – 2024 Hotel Acquisitions Summer Analyst, Starwood Capital Group
- Jun. 24 – Public Equity Research Traineeship, Sectoral Asset Management (Montreal)
- Jun. 30 – 2024 Various Roles, Barclays (mult cities)
- Jun. 30 – 2024 Equity Research Summer Analyst, Morgan Stanley
- Aug. 11 – 2024 Firm Risk Managment Summer Analyst, Morgan Stanley (mult cities)
- Sept. 8 – 2024 Institutional Equity Derivatives Trading & Structuring Sophomore Summer Analyst Program, Morgan Stanley
- Sept. 8 – 2024 Wealth Management Sophomore Summer Analyst Program, Morgan Stanley
- Sept. 8 – 2024 Institutional Equity Sophomore Summer Analyst Program, Morgan Stanley
- Sept. 24 – 2024 Fund Services Summer Analyst, Morgan Stanley
- Mar. 15, 2024 – 2024 Alt Credit & Private Strategies Summer Intern, PIMCO
- Mar. 15, 2024 – 2024 Commercial Real Estate Analyst, PIMCO
This Week’s New Jobs
- Apr. 15 – Investment Content Lead-EMsights Capital Group, Artisan Partners
- Apr. 17 – Financial Advisor, Nortwestern Mutual
- Apr. 20 – Professional Development Program, Unum
- Apr. 21 – Fixed Income Research Associate-Emerging Market Corporates, MFS Investments
- Apr. 25 – US Analyst-US Corporate Coverage, Credit Agricole CIB
- Apr. 30 – US Analyst-Loan Origination Support, Credit Agricole CIB
- Apr. 30 – Assistant Bank Examininer-Consumer Compliance, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- May 1 – Wealth Planning Associate, Ballentine Partners
- May 30 – Finance-Commercial Real Estate/Business Valuation Analyst, Frazier Capital (Los Angeles)
- Jun. 15 – Financial Advisor Trainee, Van Clemens & Co (remote)
- Jun. 22 – Financial Risk Analyst, Genworth (Richmond, VA)
- Jun. 23 – Sales Development Program, Vanguard
- Jul. 28 – Coordinator/Analyst, Compliance, The Riverside Company
- Jan. 1 – Financial Representative, Modern Woodmen of America
- Jan. 1 – Financial Services Professional, New Your Life (New Jersey)
A Sampling of Multi-School Virtual Events posted in Handshake
- Mar. 27-28 – Morgan Stanley Asia Women’s Events
- Mar. 29 – Get to Know a Citizens Investment Banker
- Mar. 30 – Explore Nomura Freshman & Sophomore Diver
- Apr. 5 – Federal Reserve Spring 2023 Webinar & Employee Panel
- Apr. 5 – Prudential Financial Private Capital Case Study Presentation
- Apr. 12 – Girls Who Invest Information Session
- Apr. 12 – Prudential Financial PGIM Fixed Income Case Study Presentation
- Apr. 14 – Prudential Financial & PGIM’s Hispanic/Latinx Student Summit
- Apr. 19 – Prudential FInancial PGIM Real Estate Case Study Presentation
- Apr. 21 – Prudential Financial Disability Inclusion Student Summit
- Apr. 24-26 – SMBC Meet & Greet Series
- Apr. 27 – Equitable Advisor VP Mentorship Program
Register Now for Upcoming Finance Career Events
Careers on the Buy-Side Private Equity & Venture Capital Virtual Alumni Panel
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Virtual Alumni Panel – March 28 at 7:00 p.m. – Register Here
- Ideal for all class years, especially seniors
Bank of America Campus Recruiting
- Diversity Networking Session – April 3 at 5:45 p.m. in Hillcrest 103 – Register Here
- Recruiting 101 Overview – April 3 at 6:00 p.m. in Hillcrest 103 – Register Here
- Ideal for first years and sophomores
Partners Group (Investment Management)
- Virtual Information Session – April 4 at 6:00 p.m. – Register Here
- Ideal for sophomores and juniors
Oak Hill Advisors (Asset Management – Alternative Investments)
- Information Session – Apr. 17 at 6:00 p.m. – Register Here
- 2024 Summer Analyst-Investor Relations/Client Coverage Campus Interviews – Deadline Mar. 28th – Apply Here
- current role is open to sophomores (rising juniors); info session is open to all class years
Volition Capital Opportunities in Growth Equity
- Information Session – April 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Ideal for all class years
- Register Here
The Asia Group summer internships
The Asia Group is a business advisory firm with offices across Asia and headquartered in Washington, D.C. For 10 years, The Asia Group has helped leading global businesses and investors advance their commercial interests across Asia. Our team of professionals develop and implement business strategies that focus on government affairs and commercial partnerships to craft solutions for market entry, expansion, and risk management.
An alum alerted us to some exciting opportunities for students interested in International Affairs, Languages, Public Policy, from a variety of majors.
Learn more here and apply soon!
Strategy Execution Consultant – New Grad/Business Analyst Level, Summer 2023 start
BTS is a consultancy specializing in the people side of strategy. For over three decades we’ve been designing powerful experiences that have a profound and lasting impact on businesses and their people. We help the world’s leading companies turn strategy into results. Our next-generation approach combines deep business knowledge with transformational development to help your people and your company evolve together.
As a BTS consultant, you’ll work directly with leaders from the world’s leading and largest corporations. You’ll learn their strategies and how their businesses work, and you’ll be shaping the leadership capabilities of their senior management. A BTS consultant also cultivates the skills of thousands of developing leaders across the globe.
We work in small teams to develop customized business simulations and other learning experiences. Think board games with financial models, or app-based digital learning. Then we facilitate learning journeys directly with our clients in a workshop setting that incorporates humor, fun, and competition. Both in-person and virtual, you’ll be the emcee, game show host, and coach that makes these workshops impactful and memorable.
There are no industry verticals at BTS, and you will have all the variety you want in your clients and work. You’ll be staffed on multiple projects at one time, across different industries, and with different internal teams. As a Strategy Execution Consultant, you will work across several of our areas of company’s expertise: Strategic Alignment, Business Acumen, Sales & Marketing, and Leadership Development. Eventually you might decide to focus on one of these areas, a few years down the road.
Learn more and apply here.
Economic consulting – program for first years at Cornerstone Research
We invite you to participate in Cornerstone Research’s First-Year Foundations program, which will be held virtually on Wednesday, May 31st 10:00AM – 2:30PM EST OR 4:00PM-8:30PM EST.
Do you have an interest in economics or finance? How about the intersection of law and business? Cornerstone Research’s First-Year Foundations program is the perfect opportunity for you to learn about the world of economic consulting – a niche industry that uses the principles of economics, finance, and data in legal/regulatory proceedings to help resolve front-page problems!
First-Year Foundations is a one-day career development program targeting underrepresented first-year students (graduating in 2026). During the program, you’ll participate in a series of learning experiences designed to give you the tools and resources you need to navigate the economic consulting industry and gain insight from current consultants. If you are looking for an opportunity that will give you exposure to a new industry, career options, and lasting network connections, First-Year Foundations is a great fit for you!
Learn more and apply here. Apply by March 31.
Nonprofit consulting remote externship
In this externship program, students will learn strategic consulting skills to analyze and evaluate challenges from nonprofit and social justice organizations using consulting frameworks, in an overall effort to help them solve their important problems.
Selected individuals will be paired with a specific organization and dive into some of their problems, such as development, impact assessment, process improvements, talent engagement, communication, and strategic positioning.
Throughout this externship program, professionals from PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) will provide mentorship and coaching.
Check out all the details here.
DEADLINE TONIGHT for rare internship opportunity with alumni-led CRCM Ventures
CRCM is looking for an energetic Middlebury student to fill this career-starting internship, supporting portfolio companies,. This is a full-time, remote paid internship. The internship will take place over 4 weeks during the Summer of 2023.
- Conduct market research and due diligence for potential investment targets
- Direct report to the senior management team
- Source deals and meet with entrepreneurs who have disruptive ideas
- Work with portfolio companies, including marketing, business development, fundraising
CRCM Ventures is a global venture fund investing in early-stage companies, primarily in the US and Asia and now has a special focus on climate technology. CRCM’s decade-long track record includes outstanding companies such as Youku (NYSE: YOKU), Musical.ly (acquired by ByteDance), Orbeus (acquired by Amazon), Chariot (acquired by Ford), Ripple, and others in their very early days.
- Interest and working knowledge of climate technology, cybersecurity, blockchain, etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for frequent conversations with entrepreneurs and industry experts
- Last but not the least, endless passion to work in the venture capital and tech industry
Case Interview Intensive Workshop for those interested in consulting
This intensive program is designed to help students and recent grads, as well as career changers gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to excel during fall recruiting season. We will demystify the process. You will learn the hypothesis-driven structured problem-solving approach used by many of the top strategy consulting firms. You will begin to have the confidence to engage with the interviewer and be yourself while being transparent about your thought process.
Two choices of time on the evening of Wednesday, March 22. (yes, this is spring break). Cost is $40 for the 2.5 hour session.
Case Questions founder MARC COSENTINO has trained more than 150,000 people. Each year, Cosentino leads in-person workshops at 45-50 top MBA programs and colleges. He coaches career services professionals. He trains science PhDs at Fortune 500 companies to think more like businesspeople. And he consults to a range of private sector firms, government agencies, and nonprofits. Santa Barbara-based Cosentino is a graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School and the University of Denver.
Sign up here.