Apply Now For BlackRock’s 2024 Summer Internship Program
If you are graduating between August 2024 – July 2025 and interested in pursuing an internship opportunity at BlackRock, read on and check out the attached brochure and flyer to learn more.
At BlackRock, you can have the career you want – challenging, rewarding, and enriching. Whatever your interests or background, there is a place for you to grow within our various business areas. Take the next step and start your career at BlackRock!
EY-Parthenon Undergraduate Connect Day 2023
Our Black and Latinx Professional Network are excited to host EY-Parthenon’s Undergraduate Connect Day on July 27-28, 2023 at our Hoboken office.
This event is an opportunity for Undergraduate students (rising juniors) with a strong preference for students who self-identify as Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American or multiracial, to learn more about a career in strategy consulting at EY-Parthenon.
EY-Parthenon Undergraduate Connect Day 2023
Apply here: https://survey.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_064Fj1nYkp7chBs
Application Deadline: June 21st at 11:59 p.m. ET
Event Date: Thursday, July 27, 2023 – Friday, July 28, 2023
Event Location: EY Hoboken Office
Key sessions will include:
• An overview of EY-Parthenon, our competencies and the associate career path
• Day-in-the-life seminars with associates and an introduction to our functional and sector offerings
• Introductions to key EY-Parthenon leaders and your future peers from other world-renowned schools
Additionally, you will have the option to interview for a summer associate (intern) role following EY-Parthenon Connect. Candidates admitted to the program will receive interview details upon conformation of attendance.
Please note that this is an early recruiting event and your performance during EY-Parthenon Connect interviews will not impact your eligibility to apply in the traditional fall 2023 recruiting season.
Work as a Peer Career Advisor at CCI next year
Do you give lots of advice to your friends about job searching, internship hunting and resume writing? Well come join the team at CCI and help us staff Quick Question hours and work on special projects.
You’ll join a great group at CCI and get wonderful training and access to support your own career development too!
We’re looking for enthusiastic, talented students to work with peers to help educate about career plannning, connect with alumni, make the most of Handshake and more. Due to an unexpected change, we still have some openings available!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to apply to this job you must be able to attend the entire mandatory training in-person from Sept 5-8 on campus and also be available to work the full school year. (ie. no study abroad). Preference is for rising juniors and seniors.
Check out the full job description here and apply now! Deadline is rolling but earlier the better. Questions? Contact Tim at CCI.
Opportunities in Finance
Included below are financial services opportunities posted this past week in Handshake. There are many, many additional positions, which can be found using Handshake filters and/or search alerts. Please APPLY EARLY! Interviews are offered on a rolling basis, usually before the deadline! Positions may be removed from Handshake before a deadline occurs.
Hot Opportunity Deadlines (Campus Recruiting & Alumni Referrals – Apply in Handshake)
- Jun 11 – 2024 Financial Analyst Program (for rising seniors), Partners Group (Denver) Alumni Referral Apply Here
- Jul 17 – 2024 Private Equity Analyst, Level Equity Apply Here
- Aug. 15 – 2024 Summer Analyst, Volition Capital On-Campus Recruiting Apply Here
- Aug. 30 – 2024 Summer Analyst-Healthcare Investment Banking, Chestnut Partners On-Campus Recruiting Apply Here
- Oct. 28 – 2024 Investment Team Intern, Investure (Charlottesville) Middlebury’s Investment Firm
This Week’s New Internships
- Jul 17 – 2024 Private Equity Analyst, Level Equity
- Oct 15 – 2024 Investment Banking Summer Analyst, Marathon Capital (Chicago)
- Jan 2 – 2024 Micro Cap Summer Analyst, The Riverside Company (mult cities)
- May 1 – 2024 Financial Advising Intern, North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis)
- May 31 – 2024 Summer Generalist Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – 2024 Strategy and Business Development Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – 2024 Investment Management Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – 2024 Fundamental Research Analyst Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – 2024 Proprietary Trading Intern, The D.E. Shaw Group
This Week’s New Jobs
- Jun 30 – Corporate Finance Analyst, Raptor Partners (Pittsburgh)
- Jul 1 – Analyst, Custom Solutions, HarbourVest Partners
- Jul 31 – Product Analyst, Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation (Woodbridge, NJ)
- Jul 31 – Advisor-Business Process Improvement, Raymond James Financial (FL)
- Aug 1 – Wealth Planning Associate, Ballentine Partners (MA, NH, FL)
- Aug 5 – Connections Associate, Third Bridge (Dallas)
- Aug 31 – Client Relations Analyst, Sands Capital Management (Arlington, VA)
- Aug 31 – Trade Desk Analyst, Trade Desk Analyst, Gelber Group (Chicago)
- Aug 31 – Business Analyst, American National Insurance (mult cities)
- Sep 29 – 2024 Investment Analyst (Software), Stripes
- Nov 30 – Investment Analyst, Cook Pine Capital (Greenwich, CT)
- May 30 – Financial Advisor, Prudential Advisors (NJ)
- May 31 – US Analyst-Financial & Client Solutions, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
- May 31 – Strategy & Business Development Associate, The D.E. Shaw Group
- May 31 – Generalist, The. D.E. Shaw Group
Upcoming Virtual Events
- Jun 6 – Talk with GS Part 1: Goldman Sachs in China
- Jun 7 – Girls Who Invest Information Session
- Jun 21 – Venture for America Becoming a Startup Founder: VFA Summer Series
- Jun 22 – Vanguard Virtual Financial Advice 2023 EXPLORE Day
- Jun 23 – Capital One Out Front Ignite
- Jun 27 – SMBC Reality Series: Being Black in Banking
- Jun 27 – SMBC Reality Series: Being Asian in Banking
- Jun 27 – SMBC Reality Series: Being LatinX in Banking
- Jun 28 – SMBC Reality Series: Being Female in Banking
- Jun 28 – SMBC Reality Series: Being LGBTQI+ in Banking
- Jun 29 – SMBC Reality Series: Being a Person with a Disability in Banking
- Jul 4 – 2023 GS Scholars
- Jul 12 – Venture for America Acing Your Application
- Jul 12 – Discover Vanguard IMDP: Choosing your First Employer
- Jul 19 – Virtual Investment Management 2023 EXPLORE Day
- Jul 26 – Discover Vanguard IMDP: How to Get Hired
- Aug 10 – Vanguard Virtual Emerging Leadership 2023 EXPLORE Day
- Aug 23 – Discover Vanguard IMDP: Financial Technology for Tomorrow’s World
Emails do matter!
Let’s re-visit this important article written by former peer career advisor Caroline Jaschke ’18.
Whether you are currently applying to jobs and internships, or will be in the next couple months, you are sure to be sending out a lot of emails. After all the work you’ll put into crafting strong resumes and letters, you want to be sure that your emails reflect this same professionalism. Emails do matter!
An email is one of your first impressions to a potential employer. It is your opportunity to show off your professionalism, your maturity, and your serious interest in the position. Emails give the employer some small insight into what it’s like to interact with you as a person. While proper email etiquette is not going to get you the job, improper etiquette will turnoff the employer and hurt your job chances.
When responding to employer emails, the old dating rule “wait three days” does not apply. You’re not trying to play it “cool” and avoid coming off as “desperate.” Slow responses signal to employers that you’re not that interested. They might not waste time waiting for your response when they have a pool of other qualified candidates. In addition, waiting for your answer might irritate an interviewer. Therefore, it’s good practice to respond to emails within 24 hours. Responding and saying that you were “really busy”, is not an excuse. The potential employer is busy too, and this excuse may make them question your ability to handle the workload at their company along with various responsibilities of the job. Use your quick response time to indicate to the employer that you consider this job a top priority.
When job and internship searching over email, using professional etiquette may encourage the potential employer to take you seriously and actually read the email. Use a professional email, not your firstname.lastname@example.org account. Address the individual by their appropriate title (Ms., Mr., Dr., etc), write a clear subject line, and use proper grammar. Be positive, polite, and concise, but be sure to include the relevant information. If it has not already been stated that the employer would like a cover letter and resume, ask for permission to include the documents with the email. Attach your cover letter and resume, each as their own PDF, and clearly labeled with your last name (Smith_Resume). Do not paste your cover letter into the body of the email. Last, absolutely NO emoticons, no matter how perfectly the “high-five” captures your feelings about the job.
Here’s an example of what your email should NOT look like:
Here’s an example of what it should look like:
Lastly, re-read your email before you send it!
For more information on how to write emails, check out this helpful article in the balance.
ATTENTION RISING SENIORS – Partners Group Financial Analyst Program Seeks Applications
What it’s about
The Partners Group Financial Analyst Program is a unique opportunity for recent university graduates with top credentials to launch an exciting and challenging career as an investment professional with a world-leading private markets investment firm. This position has been referred to us by Niki Kowsar ‘21.5.
- The program will allow Analysts to experience year-long rotations among a subset of Partners Group’s four asset classes(Private Equity, Private Debt, Private Infrastructure and Private Real Estate) and the Client Solutions team
- Analysts will gain valuable exposure working in collaboration with various teams across the firm globally and gain hands-on experience through the entire investment process
- Analysts will go through a formal 4-week training program to build the necessary skillsets to be successful before starting their first rotation
Successful candidates will be required to complete a 2-3-year commitment in the program and will gain the financial and analytical skills required to continue a career in private markets investing and fundraising. Upon completion of at least 2-3 rotations, analysts are eligible to be placed on a team for full-time employment.
What we expect
- Eligible candidates will have a graduation date of December 2023 through July 2024 (accelerated master’s degrees are accepted)
- Outstanding academic credentials and internship experience
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication, combined with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- A collaborative, team-player attitude with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
Partners Group is a global financial institution. As a growing firm, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent, by offering a workplace where results are truly recognized and rewarded. The program offers a fantastic opportunity for you to grow:
- Professional, international working environment
- Challenging, rewarding career within a growing company
- Collaborative environment, with on-the-job training and mentorship opportunities
- Competitive benefits and wellness package, including medical, dental and vision coverage with employee premiums paid by the Company and subsidized for any dependents
- 401k (Roth and pre-tax options) with company match
- 25 vacation days and 12 holidays annually
- One-month sabbatical after every five years of employment
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Competitive compensation package, including performance-based annual incentives
- Education assistance program
- Lunch stipend
- Fun office and team events, including volunteer opportunities to connect with and help our local communities
- Partners Group compensation has a long-term outlook and philosophy.
- Base pay of $115,000 with a performance-based bonus and equity as part of the total compensation package
- Make an impact on the organization by taking a lead role in the growth of our US business.
- Partners Group working environment is humble, inclusive, and transparent.
Learn more here: https://middlebury.joinhandshake.com/jobs/7848510/
Morgan Stanley: 2024 Sophomore Summer Internship Applications are Live!
Morgan Stanley prides itself on fostering an environment that promotes diverse talents and perspectives. One way the firm demonstrates commitment to diversity is through its Summer Internship Programs. As an integral part of the firm’s diversity recruiting efforts, these programs provide students with a view into all that Morgan Stanley has to offer with employee network groups, diversity roundtables, and workplace culture.
Eligible candidates may apply for up to three programs.
- Equity Research (New York)
- Fixed Income (New York)
- Global Capital Markets (New York)
- Institutional Equity (New York)
- Institutional Equity Derivatives, Trading,& Structuring (New York)
- Investment Banking (New York, Menlo Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston)
- Investment Management (New York)
- Quantitative Finance (New York)
- Risk Management (New York)
- Wealth Management (New York)
Most applications will require you to submit a supplemental video component via HireVue before your application is considered complete. Your HireVue video will be reviewed by MS team members in conjunction with your resume and application. We encourage you to account for this step in your application process timeline.
Please reach out to email@example.com should you have any questions. To learn more, please visit morganstanley.com/people.
Harvard Business School Mixers: College Interns Connect with HBS
Harvard Business School will host mixers for college students this summer in Houston, San Francisco, and Chicago. Meet current MBA students and learn about how you can engage with HBS as an undergrad through HBS’s College Programs
- HOUSTON on June 8 (6:30-7:30 p.m.) at The Cannon West – Register Here
- SAN FRANCISCO on June 22 (6:30-7:30 p.m.) at Pilot.com, Inc. – Register Here
- CHICAGO on Wednesday, Jul 19 (6:30-7:30 p.m.) at Bain & Company – Register Here
Check-in will begin at 6:00 p.m. Food will be provided.
CCI Office Closure for SCCA Conference: May 22-24
CCI is thrilled to announce that we have been selected as the host for this year’s Small College Career Alliance (SCCA) conference. It’s been months of planning, and we can’t wait to meet up with our peers in person for the first time since 2019!
As we gear up for the conference, we want to inform you that our office will be closed from Monday, May 22 to Wednesday, May 24. During these days, our team will be at Basin Harbor, fully engaged in the conference activities.
But don’t worry, we’ll be back to our regular schedule on Thursday, May 25th, eager to assist you with all your career-related needs. If you have any questions or need guidance during our absence, please reach out to us via email.
If you’re looking to schedule an appointment with one of our advisors, simply hop onto Handshake, and you can easily book a time that works best for you.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we step off campus for a few days. We look forward to returning with new insights and ideas to enhance your career journey.
Wishing you the best, The CCI Team
SENIORS – Work in Vermont. Lose Some of Your Student Loans.
It pays for Middlebury College students to stay in Vermont. For graduating seniors who are considering staying in Vermont, you may be eligible for $5,000 in student loan debt relief. And the qualifications are pretty simple:
- You need to get a full-time job with a Vermont employer;
- You need to live in Vermont; and
- To get the full $5,000, you need to stay for two years.
It’s a great deal- you get to start your career here in Vermont, and a lucky Vermont employer gets a great
employee! And you don’t have to be from Vermont to take advantage- anyone graduating from a
Vermont college is eligible.
The process to apply is easy. You can access the application here Green Mountain Job & Retention
Application. In addition to applying, you’ll need to confirm you’ve graduated from a Vermont college
and that you live in Vermont and plan to stay. You’ll also need a letter from the human resources
department of your new company confirming your employment. That’s it!
You’ll get $2,500 toward loan repayment at the end of year one, and $2,500 at the end of the second
Please note that this program is available on a first come, first served basis, so please apply at Green
Mountain Job & Retention Application as soon as you are hired to be eligible! You can also learn more
about the program here: Green Mountain Job & Retention Website.