Creativity and Innovation Associate
132 Blinn Lane, Middlebury, Vermont 05753, United States
About the role
Application deadline: May 15, 2022 5:00 PM
Posted date: March 18, 2022
Seasonal role: (7/1/22 – 7/15/23)
US work authorization: Accepts OPT/CPT
The Innovation Hub is hiring a Creativity & Innovation Associate for a 1-2 year term. The Creativity & Innovation Associate is charged with providing operational and technical support for the implementation of programs and outreach efforts to support campus activities related to creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. They will manage several student-run initiatives and programs as well as perform administrative tasks for general Innovation Hub programming. This position reports to the Director of the Innovation Hub.
The primary function of the C&I Associate is to work with the Director of Programs to manage the Creativity & Innovation program suite at the Hub and advise affiliated student groups: MiddChallenge, Middlebury Entrepreneurs, Old Stone Mill, Vermont Innovation Summer, Tree House Fund, MiddSTART, New Millennium Fund, the Hunt, TEDxMiddlebury, Midd Ventures Community, and Vermont Ventures Trips. The C&I Associate also works to facilitate collaboration across program suites at the Hub and between the Experiential Learning Centers at Middlebury.
- Develop, implement and support programs to inform and inspire creativity and innovation at Middlebury. Verify and report the effectiveness of these programs.
- Support, coordinate, train and motivate students to build successful creativity and innovation initiatives through advising, the facilitation of grant programs, and event support.
- Serve as the first-point of contact for advising at the Innovation Hub; channel interested students to relevant programs both inside and outside of your domain.
- Maintain relations with partner/community organizations, internship employers, and affiliated students by attending program site visits and external events (such as job fairs and speaker events). Lead student groups on trips to events and employer visits.
- Compile Innovation Hub newsletter, social media, communications and outreach projects. Maintain the website, including blog and media updates, and write copy and other documentation for distribution to internal and external audiences.
- Conduct outreach on campus and beyond through tabling, webinars, and individual advising with current students, prospective students, alumni, and community partners
- Collect and compile stories about the efforts of Middlebury students, faculty and staff that demonstrate leadership and learning about creativity and innovation through writing, photos, videos, and/or web content.
- Lead student tracking efforts and organization in order to report on office reach and program effectiveness.
- Serve as a conduit for communication between students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and Middlebury community members.
- Serve as the administrative liaison for Middlebury’s partnership with local and state entrepreneurial organizations like VCET, Hula, LaunchVT, Fresh Tracks, internship employers, and economic development organizations.
- Support the management of annual budgets that mirror program needs, vouchers and reimbursements.
- Direct supervision of undergraduate interns.
- Strong organizational and professional communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of several simultaneous projects, set priorities, and work in an unstructured environment.
- Willingness to live locally and work on in-person campus at the Innovation Hub office. There is hybrid/remote flexibility as needed, but the majority of the work will be in-person.
- Ability to advise students and execute programming in a manner that considers issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and ethical decision-making.
- Familiar with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom.
- Social media and/or graphic design experience with your tool of choice is a plus.
- Recent experience in higher education or familiarity with Middlebury College’s co-curricular ecosystem.
- Experience in an advisory role is a plus.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. For more information: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-requirements
We welcome people of all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.