Summer is basically Jterm

August14

The other day, on my run, I had a lot of time to think about my summer. It’s sorta drawing to close, and I have to start emotionally preparing myself for more school (this means I need to open the math textbook I bought to review calculus. ehhhh). In my reflections, I realized that working at Midd in the summer is almost similar to Jterm.

For starters, you’re doing less. Whether it’s one class or working a job, there simply is less homework. (although just like how some Jterm classes can involve a lot of work, some jobs here are very demanding. I’m lucky that the admissions counselors don’t want us to do any work out of hours) This means more time to enjoy the surroundings – skiing in winter and hiking in the summer. Additionally, you get the relaxing time to hang out with friends without worrying about papers or exams. I’ve met so many great people this summer simply because I felt comfortable saying yes to doing insane things since I didn’t have any work to get done.

I almost didn’t work at Middlebury this summer. I almost went back to my job from last year. Who knows how my summer would’ve turned out had I done that, but I am soooooo thankful I decided to try something new. 10/10 would recommend spending a summer here.

You must be logged in to post a comment.