dog team

June12

Photo 1 (1)

As part of my plan to eat and adventure my way through Vermont, a few friends and I ventured to their favorite swimming hole. It’s called dog team, although no one knows why, and yesterday was my first visit. There are two places to go swimming on this river: one has a jumping rock, the other has a rope swing. There was a group of people (and their dogs!) at the jumping rock, so we went to the second one with the rope swing. I only took one photo, which was of the road leading to the second swimming place. I liked the way the sun shone through the train tracks.

During this past week and a half there were a bunch of rainstorms so the water level was significantly higher yesterday than when my friends went during finals. As a result, we chose not to jump off the rope swing in order to avoid the quick current. Still, the cold water was refreshing and the adventure made dinner that much more enjoyable.

Later, I joined the residential life intern in her apartment to watch Wreck It Ralph and eat brownies with a few people. Tomorrow I’m going on a trip to the Ben & Jerry’s factory, followed by an excursion to the Pirate Festival in Ferrisburg on Sunday so stay tuned!

by posted under Free Time, Places | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“dog team”

1. August 21st, 2016 at 1:31 am       Carl Stevens Says:

I was also wondering why it’s called dog team until I read Karen’s comment. I thought it’s more about dogs. The photo looks nice, I also love how the sun shines through the train tracks. I’d love to go there with my dog one of these days. There are still a lot of preparations to do and I’m glad I found http://hubpages.com/animals/Choosing-the-Right-Foods-for-Your-Dogs-Sensitive-Stomach just in time. There are many things explained in that blog which enlighten me about the preparations I need to do.

2. June 16th, 2015 at 3:35 pm       Karen Bartlett Says:

Hi Kelsey! I can help with the local knowledge… The Dog Team Tavern was once located near the site of the swimming hole. It was an establishment that generations of Vermonters enjoyed- with a curious menu that started with a glass of cider and a giant sticky bun, followed by a huge, hearty, old-fashioned dinner. The founders of the restaurant had ties to Labrador and dog-sledding, so named their restaurant “Dog Team Tavern.” Sadly, the restaurant burned down about 10 years ago- and now that bend in the river is simply known as dog team.

You must be logged in to post a comment.