Back at the Loaf

August14

Yes, I was as humored at the name “Bread Loaf” as you too, reader, when I first heard of it. However–I do attribute that laughter and curiosity to my being a Middlebury student in the first place. What I am referring to is the Middlebury College Bread Loaf School of English, whose campus is located in Ripton, VT and surrounded by the thousand-acre Bread Loaf wilderness, i.e. super scenic and gorgeous. It has been, for a long time, one of my favorite places ever, as I actually mentioned in my last blog post. I attended the BL Young Writers Conference in 2012 (#tbt) for poetry, and it was the greatest. weekend. ever. Also, I concluded the visit with a tour of the College, and coming off of the high of the conference made me fall in love with the place and never want to leave. So here I am.

I could write 4000 blog posts about that weekend, and the place in general, but I won’t bore you. What I’m here to say now is that I’m back in the very same library where I attended the first ever Bread Loaf poetry workshop, and it’s truly nostalgic. Yes yes, call me a poetry nerd; it’s a most applicable title. The reason I’m here now is: 1.) to write a poem, duh & 2.) to attend a reading. It is currently the 90th run of the Bread Loaf Writers Conference, the oldest writers conference in the country, and there are readings and lectures open to the public. I feel immensely inspired just existing in this space, and will be back soon with updates on the event.

WIN_20150814_18_56_17_Pro

You must be logged in to post a comment.