|Summer 2020 Undergraduate Internship – DC, The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU Washington, DC. Applications close on November 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm|
Winter Term 2020 Rural Education Action Program Internship,
Stanford Rural Education Action Program (REAP)
Palo Alto, California. Applications close on October 25, 2019 at 11:55 pm
Winter Term 2020 Intern, Global Conservation Campaigns Team
The Nature Conservancy, Arlington, Virginia. Applications close November 1, 2019 at 11:55 am
Winter Term – GIS Student Intern, World Trails Network – Hub for the Americas, Puntarenas, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica. Applications close on November 1st, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Conservation and Climate Policy Analyst (External Affairs Associate II), The Nature Conservancy, Bethesda, Maryland. Applications close October 27, 2019 at 11:55 pm
Environmental Analyst (Technical Assistant)
New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
Grand Isle, Vermont. Applications close on October 25, 2019 at 11:55 pm (Good for a Feb graduate.)
San Francisco – 2020 Summer Student Intern Program, The City and County of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA. Applications open October 28, 2019 at 11:00 am (architecture disciplines, to provide support to in-house Engineering · Architecture · Landscape Architecture · Planning · Surveying · GIS · IT staff.)
(Great for a Feb Graduate!)
Internship: Global Affairs and Partnerships – Policy Intern,
Search for Common Ground, Washington, DC. Applications close November 5, 2019 at 11:55 pm
…AND MANY, MANY MORE ON HANDSHAKE HERE….
Articles tagged: Jobs
Check out Handshake for more details on all of the postings.
- Amazon’s Undergrad Non-Tech Full-Time Opportunities – 2020 – Positions include Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Sourcing Recruiter, Sales Account Representative, and AWS Product Marketing Leadership Development Program – apply by March 16, 2020
- Associate Professional Services Consultant – 2020 – apply by July 31, 2020
- Associate Technical Trainer – 2020 – apply by July 31, 2020
- Cloud Support Associate 2020 – apply by July 31, 2020
- Cloud Support Associate 2020 – apply by August 1, 2020
Learn more about Amazon: When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Navigating Life Sciences PhD Program Applications and Career Development
Date: Friday, October 11, 2019, 1:30pm to 6:30pm
Location: Harvard Medical School 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Harvard Medical Schools welcomes you to a tour, Q&A with current students, and informational session about applications to the life sciences doctoral programs. The day ends with a panel discussion with admissions faculty from a selection of life sciences doctoral programs.
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Welcome and Campus Tour
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Student Panel Discussion
4:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Admissions Overview (Presentation)
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Q&A with Harvard Admissions Committee Faculty
Please use this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/74372928431 to register for attendance.
Google is hiring a Technical Solutions Engineer, University Graduate 2020
You can read the full description below and apply on Handshake. Application Deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience, with the ability to start by September 2020.
- Experience advocating for customer challenges or needs as demonstrated through customer service experience, internships, project work, extra-curricular activities.
- Experience with troubleshooting web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, DNS, TCP, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Ability to obtain work authorization in Canada.
- Basic knowledge or experience with one of the following: networking fundamentals, Database design and SQL query construction, Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (i.e. certifications, internships, coursework, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and comfort presenting technical materials to groups of any size and background.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks, attention to detail and resourcefulness, and communication skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.When things go wrong, the buck stops with you: even with the most well-engineered products, customers need help. Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues to solve production issues on customer’s business critical applications. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24×7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible. Due to the nature of this role and 24/7/365 support coverage for Google Cloud Customers, we anticipate that Technical Solutions Engineers will work weekends and/or holidays; either as an on-call function or staffed weekends or both.As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you’ll troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You use your first hand experience to identify the root problem and improve supportability by working with a team of engineers and product managers. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Google Cloud Support Engineers are driven by customer obsession: you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, to identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the Supportability, products, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Proactively understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering.
This is a great opportunity for diverse students interested in learning more about the incredible resources the CCI has to offer! Come through to learn about how to find & fund your winter/summer experiences. Students from all different orgs, majors and backgrounds are welcomed to attend. Pizza and drinks will be provided. Click here to register in Handshake!
Baseball is a game that is played globally, featuring players whose backgrounds differ tremendously. Collectively, they compose a population as diverse as any other group of athletes in professional sport.
Success on the field is not measured by one individual’s talent, but rather how a team of individuals with different skills comes together to achieve a common goal. Each and every day, teams seek the best talent in order to stay ahead of the curve in the ultra-competitive landscape of the Major Leagues. Major League Baseball understands that we must apply that same approach to our front offices in order to secure the game’s next generation of leadership. With that in mind and while celebrating Jackie Robinson’s 100th birthday in 2019, Major League Baseball is pleased to announce the 2020 Diversity Fellowship Program in order to continue to support the legacy that he created.
- Open to people of color and female candidates.
- Candidates must be recent graduates (Spring 2017 graduates to upcoming Spring 2020 graduates) with either a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degrees or related advanced degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required.
- Former professional baseball and softball players (including national team members) who have earned a degree(s) and do not meet the graduation date requirement but have ceased playing within the last two years will also be eligible.
- For the Club Fellowship Program, a commitment of at least 18 months of employment is required at any participating Club in which you are placed.
- Exact locations are up to the discretion of Major League Baseball and participating Clubs.
- Cover letter
- A personal statement (500 words or less)
- Two letters of recommendation
The MLB Diversity Fellowship application goes live on Monday, August 19, 2019 and the application deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Thanks to Nancy Fullman ’07, Middlebury College has a curated list of entry-level and early career positions in global health. Every few weeks Nancy emails our office with job opportunities to share with you!
This month’s list of opportunities can be downloaded here. She’s highlighted current opportunities at IHME in yellow, as she is able to provide a bit more information about those particular positions.
Nancy received her bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Middlebury College in 2007 and went on to become a Post-Bachelor Fellow at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) from 2008 to 2011. She received her Master of Public Health in Health Metrics and Evaluation from the University of Washington in 2011. Nancy is now IHME’s Research Associate and we are lucky to have her in our network! You can read more about Nancy on the IHME website.
People who major in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) have a valuable quantitative and analytical skill set sought by many employers. Sometimes these overlap into more than one category.
Not sure where you fit yet? Find the category for your major and check out the entry level jobs available to you with your STEM degree.
- Epic Games – Language Translation Games QA (Localization) Tester – Deadline date: 5/31
- Cambridge Community Television – Teaching Artist for Summer Media Institute – Deadline date: 5/31
- Bread Loaf View Farm – Marketing Coordinator – Social Media- Deadline date: 5/31
- Group M – Summer Internship (Advertising/Marketing)- Deadline Date: 5/31
- Bully Pulpit Interactive- 2019 Fall Fellowship – Deadline date: 6/1
- Rational 360- PR Intern Summer 2019 – Deadline date: 5/31
- Acuris Global- Summer 2019 Marketing Internship- Deadline date: 5/26
- Burlington City Arts- Gallery Education and Programs Intern- Deadline date: 5/24
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts- Several opportunities available with a 5/24 Deadline date.
- Berkshire Sports Academy- Customer Service Specialist and Marketing Assistant- Deadline date: 5/31
- Burlington Country Club- Front of the House Food & Beverage Internship- Deadline date: 5/31
- Development Counsellors International – Marketing Coordinator/Copywriter- Deadline date: 6/1
- Ampush- Growth Marketing Analyst- Deadline date: 5/31
- Centerforce- Marketing Associate – Deadline date: 5/28
- TMP Worldwide- Account Executive Digital Advertising- Deadline date: 5/31
- Cushman Design Group- Marketing and Administrative Associate – Deadline date: 5/31
- Ideas On Purpose- Project Coordinator- Deadline date: 6/1
- ISlide USA- Rotational Program- Deadline date: 6/1
- Atlantic Media – Membership Development Associate- Deadline date: 5/31
- Dow Jones & Co. – Marketing Associate, The Wall Street Journal – Deadline date: 5/31
- Forbes Media- Event Coordinator- Deadline date: 5/24
- Princeton University Press- Editorial Assistant (Natural History & Biology) – Deadline date: 5/25
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) – Assistant, Digital Talent & Packaging (Gaming) – Deadline date: 5/28
- Twentieth Century Fox- Analyst, Decision Science – Deadline date: 5/31
- School of Creative and Performing Arts- Program Coordinator – Deadline date: 5/31
I’ve sorted through Handshake and including a link HERE to all the PAID internships, jobs and fellowships in SOCIAL IMPACT. THERE ARE LOTS OF PAID POSITIONS STILL OPEN ON HANDSHAKE (over 600+!)! Below are just a few with deadlines this week:
Full-Time Job New York City, NY Apply before Tuesday, 9/3
Full-Time Internship Cambridge, MA and 1 more Apply before Friday, 5/24
Full-Time Job Silver Spring, MD Apply before Thursday, 6/6
Full-Time Fellowship Carbondale, CO and 2 more Apply before Sunday, 6/30
Full-Time Job Port Angeles, WA and 6 more Apply before Monday, 7/1
Full-Time Job Sedona, AZ Apply before Friday, 6/7 All Employer Preferences Match