Overall Internship & Job Resources
- Making Good: 50 Ways to Get a Job
- Idealist: Website with international and national job and internship postings as well as resources dedicated to non-profits. Search jobs by location, keyword, area of focus, job category, education, language, and or job type.
- Indeed: Type in the search box to get links to relevant job postings from other sites.
- Clean Edge News
- Education for Sustainability
- Environmental Journalism Fellowships and Workshops
- Environmental Science Internships
- Great Green Careers
- Green Corps
- Green Resources for Living
- Orion Grassroots Network
- SustainableBusiness.com -Green Dream Jobs
The websites listed below all have information on available jobs in Clean Energy.
- Cleantekker: Job search engine. Fairly new, but keep checking it out.
- Job Target: The American Wind Energy Association’s career center allows job seekers to search through listings, post a resume and sign up for customized job alerts.
- Energy Central: Lists RE jobs by category. Sign up for Job Watch Online to receive job posting updates.
- Environmental Career: Search environmental job listings by keyword, job category, employment type, location and salary range. Job seekers may also register to post resumes, apply for jobs online, and receive email newsletters and job alerts. There is also an employer directory and a listing of upcoming environmental events.
- Ethanol Jobs: A short list of ethanol jobs. Job seekers can register to upload a resume or CV and may sign up to be notified via email when a new job is posted.
- Green Biz: “Green” jobs listed by job category, searchable by keyword and location. Job seekers can sign up for custom job alert emails and register to post a resume. FREE 30-day job posting by qualified employers.
- National Renewable Energy Lab: National Renewable Energy Lab job openings searchable by keyword, office, job type and date posted. Job seekers may also create a profile and post a resume or CV.
- Penn Energy Jobs: Energy job postings searchable by keyword, job category, location and company. Job seekers may register to post a resume and cover letter, bookmark jobs, sign up for job alerts, sign up for the email newsletter or apply for a job online. The website also has other career tools and resources.
- Renewable Energy World: Renewable energy jobs searchable by keyword, job category, location, and company. Job seekers may also register to upload a resume, save searches, bookmark postings to view later, and create customized job alert emails.
- SEIA Solar Job Board: Search through the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)’s online jobs to find your new career path.
- Simply Hired: Find a renewable energy job searchable by location and keyword
- Sustainable Business: Search sustainable business jobs by location, skill level, category and keyword.
- Sustainable Careers by Green Gestures: View a constantly updated collection of jobs and internships related to the environment, sustainability, and renewable energy.
- USA Jobs: Search the US Department of Energy job openings by keyword, salary range, occupation and location.
- A Guide to Global Development Opportunities@Middlebury
- CRS International Development Fellows Program (IDFP)
- fsd-Foundation for Sustainable Development
- FSG Consulting: Reimagining Social Change – sign up for newsletters to follow trends
- Guide on International Development: Public Service Careers & Opportunities
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL): Mission to reduce poverty by ensuring policy is informed by scientific evidence through research, policy outreach, and training
- Guide to Short Term Travel Opportunities in Conflict Regions
- Peace & Collaborative Development Network
- The MicroFinance Gateway
- U.S. Department of State-Student Programs
- UN Careers-Internships
- UN Job List
- World Food Programme
Social Entrepreneurship – for job postings and industry information
- Triple Pundit: Reporting on People, Planet, Profit
- Center for Social Entrepreneurship
- Echoing Green
- Fourth Sector Directory
- National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Net Impact
- Omidyar Network Jobs/Internships
- Social Edge
- Social Enterprise Alliance
- Social Entrepreneur Corps
- Social Entrepreneurship – Forbes
- Social Good Guides
- StartingBloc Institute for Social Innovation
- Sustainability Consulting Directory
- Taking IT Global
- Types of Social Impact Careers
- US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
- Vermont Business for Social Responsibility – PAID Internship Program – The Vermont Intern Program connects college students, recent graduates and young professionals with career opportunities in Vermont.
- Youth Venture – shares Ashoka vision of an Everyone A Changemaker™ world – a world that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to drive change.
Food Systems Jobs
Good Food Jobs a job search engine designed to link people in search of meaningful food work with the businesses that need their energy, enthusiasm, and intellect. Job-seekers can search using specific criteria and have job opportunities emailed to them.
COMFOODJOBS an announcement service for employment, internships, and similar opportunities across the (sustainable) food system spectrum.
Farm and Food Jobs a source for job seekers and prospective employers in agriculture and food related industries. Job seekers can receive new postings by email.
Orion Grassroots Jobsource a nation-wide network for connecting with green jobs. Including, but not limited to, farming and food-related jobs.
Green Collar Jobs Board jobs board for the Green Collar Jobs Blog, listing several green collar job-seeking resources.
USDA Jobs positions available at the U.S. Department of Agriculture
ATTRA: Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships directory of on-the-job learning opportunities in sustainable and organic agriculture for farms in the U.S. and its territories.
NYFC Jobs and Apprenticeships Message Board an online forum for jobs and apprenticeships. The message board also allows response posts, letting you put up reviews, comments and more.
Fair Trade Jobs Board job listings posted by the Fair Trade Federation
Stockbridge School of Agriculture Career-Net an agriculture job-posting list from the UMass at Amherst, with nation-wide postings.
Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships and Apprenticeships a Facebook group to post professional farm, food and food system career development opportunities
Rodale Institute’s Farmer Connect a moderated classified page hosted by Facebook with agricultural job listings.
Land Jobs Stuff a Google Group bulletin board for land, jobs, and agricultural stuff.
Eager Farmer a nation-wide listing of job opportunities. Cheap to post positions, free to apply.Northeast Region
NEFOOD NESAWG’s discussion listserv. Participants occasionally post job opportunities for food systems work in the Northeast.State Specific
Cornell Small Farms Program Bi-Monthly Newsletter an e-newsletter containing food and farm career opportunitiesMassachusetts
Beginning Farmer Network of Mass a collaborative network of farmers and farm service providers that includes a free jobs and internships directory.
Communities Involved in Sustainable Agriculture classified page for jobsVermont
Vermont Farm to Plate food and farm job listings from Vermont Farm to Plate, Vermont’s statewide initiative to increase economic development and jobs in the farm and food sector and improve access to healthy local food for all Vermonters.
Other Food System Resources
- Northeast Sustainable Agricultural Working Group – NESAWG, a project of the Tides Center, is a 12-state network of more than 500 participating organizations. Together, they unite farm and food system practitioners and allies to build a sustainable, just and economically vibrant region. Their region includes Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Washington D.C.
- Civil Eats – a daily news source for critical thought about the American food system.
- FoodCorps – connects kids to healthy food in school, so they can lead healthier lives and reach their full potential.
- Sustainable Food Jobs – current jobs and resources in sustainable food
- The Farm-Based Education Association – a free member network established to strengthen and support the work of educators, farmers, and community leaders who provide access and experiences of all kinds on working farms.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- B Corp Job Board: job postings
- Triple Pundit: People, Planet Profit: Sign up for 3P newsletter – lense is focused on environment first vs. industry.
- CSRWire: Sign up for this newsletter to watch trends in the industry. Has links to job postings, but great place to see what big corporations are doing in this field.
Fellowships are typically post-graduate opportunities that can last up to two years. This is just a sampling of available fellowships. For more information go to Fellowships area of CTLR.