While all of these alumni have majored in economics, they are working in a wide-range of professional fields that will be of interest to many of you. They will join us both virtually and in-person to discuss how their major has impacted their career paths.
If you have wondered, “What can I do with my liberal arts major or degree?” Then this is the event for you!
The Beyond Wall Street: A Field Guide for Economics Students features an alumni panel and one-on-one chats, providing outstanding opportunities for you to connect with alumni, faculty, and your peers.
The Schedule of Events:
Thursday, November 10
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Dana Auditorium
Click here to RSVP!
Friday, November 11
One-on-One chats with alumni:
- Denizhan Duran ’11, Economist at the World Bank
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one chat with Denizhan (available 9:00-11:20 am)
- Yared Gurmu ’04, Mathematical Statistician at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one chat with Yared (available 9:00-11:00 am)
- Jennifer Porter ’01, Senior Special Counsel at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Sign up for a one-on-one chat with Jennifer (available 9:00 am-12:00 pm)
- John Schirm ‘05.5, Senior Director, Executive Compensation at Google
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one chat with John (available 10:30 am-12:00 pm)
- Christine Schozer Farr ’13, Coordinating Producer at NBC News
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one chat with Christine (available 9:00-10:00 am)
- Katharine Wolf ’02, Founder & CEO at Odetta.AI
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one chat with Kat (available 10:00 am – 12:00 pm)