TAKING ROOT STUDENT SYMPOSIUM
On October 28th, Sodexo’s Vermont First, in partnership with Farm to Plate and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, are hosting the Taking Root Student Symposium at the University of Vermont. This symposium is designed for all Vermont college students to celebrate farm to institution and learn about what it means to chart a career in food. We are pleased to share that our keynote speaker will be Ben Hewitt, a Vermont-based author of many books including The Town That Food Saved and Making Supper Safe. Throughout the day, students will learn about:
- Why farm to institution is important for the sustainability of many actors in the food system
- What innovative work is happening in Vermont’s food system
- Career paths of many of Vermont’s leading entrepreneurs and thinkers
- Resources available at each campus for students to pursue food systems-relevant coursework as well as food-related employment
- Current food-related job opportunities; students will also have time to network directly with some Vermont employers in the food industry.
Are you a Vermont college student interested in attending? Here’s what you need to know:
- We are looking for student representation from all Vermont campuses. We also have limited space for this event. If you are interested in attending, please email Annie Rowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration costs $25 for the full day, 9am-4pm.