Check out the exciting opportunities for jobs and internships in the Education sector. Click HERE to see a curated list of teaching and administrative opportunities with application deadlines coming up this week. Don’t wait till the deadlines to apply!!
Students interested in areas of conflict transformation, including peace and security studies and migration and refugee issues, will be exposed to real-world professional experiences that will enable them to inform their career exploration and other post-graduate planning. This is a collaboration with the Middlebury in DC office and is funded by the $25 million grant to support programming in conflict transformation.
This will be an immersive “living and learning” experience organized around opportunities to meet with alumni and visit many different kinds of organizations. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
The application deadline is Sunday, April 17 at 11:59 PM.
FAQ for DC Trek applicants:
As you consider applying for this exciting opportunity, we’ve collected a few questions that might be on your mind to help you be informed as you decide whether to apply or not.
What if my internship starts right around that week of June 6 when this trip is happening?
We encourage you to discuss this with your supervisor. In some cases this could be an actual good thing to attend and then start your internship. A contact or supervisor at your internship might be more understanding than you think. Let us know if you want to discuss this more. We realize this could be an issue but hope it’s not a big obstacle.
Will you really pay for all expenses to get me to DC? Like air tickets, food and hotels too?
Yup! We know it can be expensive, and will work with you within reason to make this affordable because we think it’s worth it. We’ll include dinner Sunday night, then 3 meals on Monday and Tuesday, and breakfast and lunch on Wednesday before the program ends. We’ll work with you to make travel arrangements to arrive in DC on Sunday evening, then depart on Wednesday late afternoon. We’ll also cover subway fares or other local transport in DC. And you’ll have housing on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings.
What organizations will we be visiting?
Good question. We are building this trip as we speak. We have some places in mind now, and depending on who is selected for the trip, we may adapt and try new visits. The purpose is to show you a wide range of interesting organizations doing work in this area. We will probably be visiting 2-3 places per day, with a reflection activity in the evening to help you process all you are learning.
What happens after this trip?
We hope you make connections with alumni and learn about the variety of opportunities that exist. You can use this trip as a spring board to investigate internships for future summers or explore how it connects to future classes you want to take on campus. We anticipate you will return to your scheduled summer internship or job or go home after the program ends.
I’m not sure if this trip is right for me, why should I apply? What are you looking for in candidates?
If you’re curious, open minded and are ready to learn, this trip is for you. If you’ve always wanted to visit DC, or have been in the past and want to go again, this trip is for you. All majors are welcome. All class years are welcome. In fact, younger students like first years might be the best. If you think you know what conflict transformation is, join us. Better yet, if you’re still working it out, that’s fine too, we will discover and explore together.
Welcome back from break! For those of you looking for education opportunities for jobs or internships, there is lots to find on Handshake this week related to K-12 teaching/admin positions, summer experiential positions in policy change and education access, too. Pay particular attention to the CCI-Sponsored summer internships working with the Vermont Department of Education. These are paid 10-week positions and include summer housing either in Burlington or Middlebury.
Planning to participate in an unpaid internship this summer? Sunday, April 10 is the deadline to apply for CCI’s internship funding grants!
- CCI has $3500 or $1000 competitive internship grants.
- April 10 – one and only deadline to apply for internship grants.
- Details, eligibility, FAQs, and forms: go/summerfunding.
- Must have a secured internship and a CCI-approved resume to apply for funding.
- Visit the Peer Career Advisors (PCA) for resume approvals no later than April 1!
Still searching for a summer internship? The Center for Careers and Internships (CCI) can help!
- Many great CCI-Sponsored and MiddWorks for Vermont Internships that come with guaranteed funding will expire on March 27 – apply now! Internships in all interest areas.
- Handshake has over 4200 additional paid and unpaid internships! CCI Advisors or Peer Career Advisors can help you find those that match your interests.
- Visit CCI’s Find an Internship page for additional tips on finding or creating an internship.
- Watch the recorded Find and Fund Your Summer Internship information session.
- More internships and info on CCI’s Career Path Pages (see News and Top Resources tabs).
Who Can Help?
- Drop into Quick Questions for help with your internship search, navigating Handshake, or to have your resume approved by a Peer Career Advisor (PCA). A CCI-approved resume is a requirement for applying for CCI funding and always strongly encouraged before applying for internships and jobs.
- Visit go/Handshake and click on “Career Center” to schedule an appointment with a Career and Internship Advisor in your area of interest.
The Junior (Teaching) Fellow post is a great opportunity for a recent humanities or social science graduate to spend a year or two working in Hong Kong at Morningside College (CUHK) while planning for next steps. Some tutorial instruction is involved, so familiarity with philosophical texts (Virtue ethics, Bentham, Kant) would be helpful. An interest in the arts and willingness to travel (China, Greece, Morocco, UK) for short periods in 2023 would be a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, successful applicants receive airfare from home to Hong Kong and on-campus housing (rent-free, furnished 1-bedroom apartment). The College will also cover quarantine hotel costs, if quarantine is still necessary at the time of arrival.
Details of the post are available here.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in international development, education and/or tech! Don’t miss out on this unique summer internship!
For the fifth summer, CCI is partnering with Team4Tech to provide a unique opportunity for Middlebury students.
Team4Tech works to advance the quality of education in developing countries by connecting technology volunteers and solutions with high impact non-profit organizations.
This summer, T4T is offering a virtual internship opportunity to a team of students to work with several of their nonprofit partners in Sub-Saharan Africa. Students who want to gain real world skills in helping to devise and deliver remote solutions to educational NGOs will find the internship valuable.
Here is a curated link for K-12 Education internships sorted by application deadline – don’t wait, apply now!
A few MiddWorks for Vermont, the exciting new paid internship program that CCI launched for this summer includes quite a few internships focused on education/teaching, early childhood development and policy initiates. Housing here in Vermont will be available either in Burlington or Middlebury, too. Apply before the deadline to secure your summer plans!
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Vermont Afterschool Inc., Intern
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Data Project Management and Data Governance Internship – Agency of Education
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Shelburne Farms Education Intern
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Federal Education Programs Intern
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Let’s Grow Kids Fundraising and Engagement Intern
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Vermont Agency of Education Licensing Research Intern
- MiddWorks for Vermont: ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain Internship
- MiddWorks for Vermont: Early Childhood Learning Partnership