Here is a curated listing of over 300 jobs and internships in Handshake using the keywords: “K-12 Teaching”, “Other Education” and “Higher Education”. They are sorted by expiration date.
Middlebury’s Center for Community Engagement had a wonderful article in their Spring 2020 Highlights newsletter featuring local Educators. “We interviewed six Middlebury College alumni educators in Addison County to recognize them for all the work they do, including their efforts to stay connected with their students during the transition to remote learning. Read the six interviews HERE.
Southern Teachers works with 650 K-12 private/independent, college-preparatory schools around the South. These schools list thousands of jobs throughout the year with Southern Teachers to find great educators to join their school communities. In light of the ever-changing job market, Southern Teachers works diligently to maintain and foster new relationships with member schools to know their hiring needs.
Southern Teachers is still looking for candidates who are:
- passionate about their subject knowledge and hold a strong academic record
- enthusiastic about working with kids
- looking to be part of a collaborative and engaging environment
While teaching certification is a plus, it is not always required.
If you are interested in working at a private/independent school, you can find our application at SouthernTeachers.com. Our services are always free for candidates.We wish you a healthy and safe end to the school year.
If you have questions, contact:
Ali Buchanan | Recruitment Coordinator
434-295-9122 | SouthernTeachers.com
Camphill Association of North America represents a network of nonprofit special education schools and inclusive residential communities. Our unique model, which started with a Camphill School in Scotland, has been around for 80 years. And in the United States and Canada, we have 16 locations.
Our opportunities include live-in Service Year positions for new graduates as well as some shorter term options this Summer and Fall that could be perfect for anyone whose plans have been scuttled by the coronavirus. As part of the methodical protective measures we’ve had in place for almost two months, we are providing spaces for new arrivals to comfortably quarantine for their first two weeks (though we have managed to keep them all safely busy during that time.)
Camphill provides very relevant experience for psychology and education majors considering graduate school, though anyone with a liberal arts background can get a lot out of this immersive experience. It’s also a great step for those who haven’t yet figured out what they really want to do.
The Middlebury College Center for Community Engagement invites graduating seniors to apply to our full-time AmeriCorps VISTA positions (August 2020-August 2021). Please learn more at go/ccevista. Apply via Handshake. Priority deadline for applications is May 29th.
Do you want to support college students’ experiential, community-based learning? Interested in social justice work at the youth development level? We seek two motivated, organized, and compassionate individuals for two, one-year VISTA positions at Middlebury College. The VISTAs will work closely with the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) team to help coordinate and advise youth and mentoring student service organizations such as Community Friends, DREAM, Page One Literacy Project, Middlebury College Access Mentors, Wild Midd, STEAM Girls, and Nutrition Outreach and Mentoring. The VISTAs will help build capacity in programs and community partnerships that improve college aspirations and success and help Addison County children thrive. The VISTA members will also support communications initiatives in the Center for Community Engagement to promote local and global community-connected opportunities. They will supervise college student interns and collaboratively create social media posts, blog posts, weekly e-newsletters, library displays, and other communications efforts that reach multiple stakeholders.
Thank you for considering these opportunities. Email Kailee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
MiddCORE is on, remotely! Summer 2020. Application deadline extended.
You can still have an impactful summer with what is in store for you. No textbook will teach you this kind of problem solving: Work, chat, and engage remotely with industry experts from around the world giving first-hand insight into leadership, innovation, and persuasive communication.
You will have a combination of small group sessions with mentors, prerecorded sessions, podcasts, community building reflections, and collaborate with peers, all delivered online. Synchronous classes will happen between 10 a.m.–2 p.m EDT. Monday–Friday with some additional meeting times outside these hours.
MiddCORE Remote: June 1-June 26, 2020
$3,500 merit-based scholarships available
Additional need-based financial aid available
MiddCORE had heard from many students about their summers being uncertain and have had requests to extend the MiddCORE deadline. They will accept applications on a rolling bases until May 18.
Newly posted internships and jobs on Handshake:
- Match Teacher Residency 20-21 (STEM Priority) at Match Education. Want to be a game-changing rookie teacher in a high-performing urban public school? We think teaching is the hardest and most important job in the world – a job that demands highly focused and intensive preparation. Start your teaching career off right by becoming a Match Teacher Resident and graduate student in the Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education. We’re actively seeking our next cohort of aspiring middle and high school teachers.
- Summer Online SAT Class Tutor at Legal Outreach, Inc. Legal Outreach is searching for ten talented, knowledgeable SAT tutors who want to be part of a transformative experience that changes the educational trajectory of students from underserved populations. In past years, our Summer SAT course has helped participants improve their scores by an average of 150 points with some students scoring over 300 points higher on their final diagnostic exam. Results like that can make all the difference in the world when applying to college.
- Founding Development Associate at Alexander Twilight Academy (ATA). They are a 5th-8th grade tuition-free, independent school serving students from under-resourced backgrounds in Boston. Named after the first Black American to graduate from college in the United States, Alexander Twilight Academy provides students with the highest quality educational and life-enriching opportunities, regardless of family income or circumstance. We are looking for a founding Development Associate to launch a new, innovative, mission-driven school in the fall of 2020. As we prepare to open our doors next fall, the founding Development Associate will be instrumental in constructing the financial foundation of Alexander Twilight Academy.
- Lots more on Handshake!!