Plan ahead for a lunch and learn RoadShow. On February 23rd, 2016 ITS-Information Security will be hosting a RoadShow conversation on safe computing practices and phishing avoidance techniques in Lib145 from 12:00 to 1:00. This conversation is open to the entire Middlebury community. All are encouraged to come.
- How to spot a phish
- Safe download practices and installing applications on your computer
- Data classification and sensitive data
- Removable media and when to use it
- Password management and what to do with all of those passwords
Follow ITS-Information Security on Twitter: @MiddInfoSec
In collaboration with College Communications, the new site for February Orientation uses a responsive design to make it easy to browse on mobile devices. This is a sub-theme in our main Drupal site, meaning that the same features are available as elsewhere on the site, just presented differently for these sub-pages. The responsive theme works best with content designed to be shown at multiple viewport resolutions, so it’s something we’ll roll out to new portions of the site that have carefully crafted content.
- AD Group Manager 0.2.0
- Drupal 7.42
- Drupal field_collection 7.x-1.0-beta11
- Drupal geocoder 7.x-1.3
- Drupal varnish 7.x-1.0-beta4
- phpCAS 1.3.4
- WordPress 4.4.2
- WordPress Autofocus theme 1.0.1
- WordPress CM ToolTip Glossary 3.2.8
- WordPress MailPoet Newsletters 2.7
Tweaks & Fixes
- We have removed the “Profiles” view from the main Middlebury site. This was used to aggregate profiles from multiple sub-pages, but was difficult to set up and made sorting the profiles a pain. We moved away from this on all academic sites over a year ago, but have finished migrating the other portions of the site that were using this. The documentation on using Profiles on the Middlebury site is now accurate for all instances of this content type.
- The Group Manager now has a “super admin” role that can modify group membership, allowing us easier management of web permissions groups maintained by people who have since left Middlebury or are otherwise unavailable.
- Fixed the Group Manager‘s notification system — changes to groups are now reflected in the Drupal sites after approximately 20 seconds rather than waiting until the next full sync.
- The NextGEN Gallery plugin will, by default, save a backup copy of all the images you upload, more than doubling the disk space used by the plugin. This option will now default to “off” for new sites enabling the plugin. Those desiring it can still enable the option through the “Other Options” screen in the plugin settings.