We’ve added the Magic Liquidizer Responsive Table WordPress plugin, which you can enable to make tables on your WordPress site work on mobile devices. Just enable the plugin and set a maximum width in its settings.
Fixes and Tweaks
- The Canvas resource type is now in the list of resources that would show up on your Semester Dashboard and you’ll see links to your Canvas course sites there.
- Drupal image gallery pop-out windows will now work when the gallery is set to not show captions for the images.
- We clear an additional cache in Drupal when the homepage stories list is updated on the MIddlebury site to ensure that the content in the “waveform” receives the latest updates.
- We have added print styles to the Middlebury responsive Drupal theme.
- Added a one hour cache to the MIIS Around the World page to improve site performance.
The new ACT Team process includes Extended Team meetings. These closed meetings allow the Team to work with expert staff and focus on evaluating solutions that inform recommendations.
- Course Hub/Middfiles/Google Drive – We will discuss provisioning Drive folders and Middfiles folders using the Course Hub. – Joe
- Video Conferencing – Adobe has dropped its educational pricing for Adobe Connect, we need to plan for a replacement. – Mack and Petar
Timothy Case, Marin County, April 2014, digital inkjet print
Opening reception for Landscaped: Altered Environments in the Photography of Timothy Case
Wednesday, July 27, 5:30 – 7:00 P.M. Brief remarks from the artist and curators at 6:00 P.M.
Center Gallery (2nd floor of McCullough Student Center, between The Grille and Wilson Hall)
Please join us for a reception marking the opening of the exhibition Landscaped, featuring the work of local photographer Timothy Case. The photographs on view present a variety of landscapes from around the country that are attuned to the effects of human interaction with the natural world. Six Middlebury College students curated and installed this exhibition as the culmination of the MuseumWorks 2016 summer internship program. Sponsored by the Middlebury College Museum of Art, the Center for Careers and Internships, and the Center Gallery Student Curator Fund.
Refreshments will be served. Free and open to the public.
Landscaped will be on view during normal McCullough Student Center hours until October 2016.
Dear Faculty and Staff-
Our Friends of International Students (FIS) host program recruiting and matching process for the recently admitted Class of 2020 has begun! The Class of 2020 will include more than 70 international students, including some U.S. students who have lived abroad and international exchange students. Please contact us if you’re interested in hosting in the fall and spread the word in our community.
International Student & Scholar Services is holding a series of information meetings about the program this summer on the second floor of the Service Building. We ask that new hosts attend a meeting so that we can meet them and share more information about the program. If you are an experienced host, we welcome you to join us as your stories and insights are vital to friends who are new to FIS and trying to decide if they would be a good fit for the program.
Here are the dates of our upcoming meetings:
- Thursday, August 4 from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m.
- Monday, August 15 from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
To register for a meeting, please email ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: FIS Host Program) or call us at 802.443.5858. Feel free to bring your lunch to our afternoon meetings.
You can learn more about the FIS Host Program on our website at: http://www.middlebury.edu/international/isss/fis .
Please share this information with friends and family who do not work at the College.
We invite all who are interested to become a part of this wonderful program!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The measure of an effective convention is the size and durability of the boost (if any) it produces in the nominee’s support. Early polling results suggests Trump may have received a small boost in his support from the recently-concluded Republican convention, mostly from previously undecided Republicans, but it’s still too early to judge whether, and […]