Present: Pij Slater, Terry Simpkins, Joe Antonioli, Rachel Manning, Mike Roy, Joseph Watson, Joe Durante, Lisa Terrier, Rebekah Irwin, Chris Norris, David Ludwig, Petar Mitrevski, Jim Stuart, Mary Backus, Dan Frostman and Doreen Bernier
- New ILL Assistant Megan Burns has started work in LIS. Welcome Megan!
- Media Services now supporting events in McCullough and looking to set up a substitute pool to assist when media services staff are not available
- 9/20 Academic Roundtable in CTLR: all are invited
- A few staff moving offices next week: Ian, Cindy and Charlotte
- Language Schools end-of-summer report is complete and the Bread Loaf one is close.
This remainder of the meeting was dedicated to the discussion of professional development for LIS Staff. Mike will be sending out an all-LIS announcement shortly detailing a six-month pilot project called “Time To Learn” that will carve out time for ongoing professional development for all LIS staff.
Thanks for reading,
Doreen & Terry
Present: Carrie, Joe A, Mike, Joseph, Ian B, Terry (notes), Pij, Joe D, Peggy, Mary, Dan, Jim
Mike will soon send out requests for volunteers to form two groups: Continue reading →
Present: Joe Antonioli, Mike Roy, Carrie Macfarlane, Lisa Terrier, Pij Slater, Joe Durante, Jim Stuart, Rebekah Irwin, Peggy Fischel, Mary Backus, Carol Peddie, Rachel Manning, Terry Simpkins, Joseph Watson, Petar Mitrevski and Doreen Bernier
- Stacy Reardon has started as Librarian
- Susan Simmons has started as Business Systems Analyst
- David Wright has started as Media Services Specialist
- Brett Wells has started as Computing Specialist II
- We still have an open positions for Information Security Analyst, an ILL Assistant, and Curator of Special Collections & Archives Continue reading →
Present: Lisa Terrier, Joe Durante, Pij Slater, Peggy Fischel, Mike Roy, David Ludwig, Jim Stuart, Joe Antonioli, Joseph Watson, Chris Norris, Carrie Macfarlane, Terry Simpkins, Rebekah Irwin, Mary Backus, Ian Burke, Dan Frostman, Petar Mitreviski and Doreen Bernier
Mike Roy shared early results of the staff survey showing improvements from last year in every area. Continue reading →
Present: Chris Norris, Peggy Fischel, Mike Roy, Joe Durante, Pij Slater, Ian Burke, Lisa Terrier, Dan Frostman, Carol Peddie, Joseph Watson, Rachael Manning, Carrie Macfarlane, Jim Stuart, Joe Antonioli, Petar Mitrevski, Chris Tangora, Terry Simpkins, Rebekah Irwin and Doreen Bernier
Pij led the managers through a discussion about the Education and Training Team’s recommendation to include new language in all LIS job descriptions Continue reading →
Present: Mike Roy, Carrie Macfarlane, Peggy Fischel, Joe Antonioli, Mary Backus, Jess Isler, Dan Frostman, Ian Burke, Rachel Manning, Joe Durante, Chris Norris, Carol Peddie, Pij Slater, Terry Simpkins, David Ludwig, Petar Mitrevski and Jim Stuart (via phone).
Pij Slater presented the Education and Training Team’s Orientation Checklist for New LIS Staff for discussion. Continue reading →
We discussed next steps regarding the recent Manager Training workshops Continue reading →
Present: Ian Burke, David Ludwig, Jim Stuart, Joe Durante, Pij Slater, Terry Simpkins, Mary Backus, Chris Norris, Peggy Fischel, Joseph Watson, Rebekah Irwin, Jess Isler, Dan Frostman, Rachel Manning, Petar Mitrevski and Doreen Bernier
We discussed the LIS Values. Mary asked “as a management team, are they useful to your work? Do you use them?” Continue reading →