Apply to Be in the First Cohort of Pioneering Station1 Fellows!
Are you a bold and creative thinker and an aspiring changemaker who is passionate about applying science and technology to create a more equitable, creative, prosperous, and sustainable world?
Station1 is looking for you!
You are invited to apply to be in the inaugural cohort of Station1 Fellows who will participate in the Summer@Station1 program – a unique and exciting residential science and technology-focused educational, research, and internship program with a focus on societal perspective, social innovation and impact. Fellows will come from near and far to work together throughout the summer of 2018 in the Boston region of Massachusetts in the United States.
As a Station1 Fellow You Will:
- Be awarded a valuable fellowship that includes: a competitive living expenses stipend, housing costs, a stipend for transportation to and from Station1, instructional and program costs;
- Gain authentic, hands-on experience through a paid internship in a leading science and technology startup, company, or research laboratory (4 days per week);
- Participate in exciting, state-of-the-art, team-based projects in science and technology applied to social impact;
- Drive forward a project you are passionate about with potential to make a positive difference in the world;
- Create a showcase portfolio of your project which you can show to potential employers and/or applications to graduate school;
- Engage with a blended, shared curriculum that draws together critical perspectives on science, technology, society and social innovation and gain interdisciplinary experience by interacting with guest instructors and mentors from a diversity of fields (1 day per week);
- Have access to a creative co-working, collaboration, and prototyping space;
- Develop and learn how to build professional and personal skills such as: critical thinking, collaboration, leadership, communication, and creativity;
- Build long-lasting mentoring relationships with world experts in science and technology for networking, support, and potential future letters of recommendation;
- Receive individual counseling on academic and career pathways; and
- Become part of a network of exceptional professionals in the Station1 community beyond completion of the program.
Interested? Learn more on their website.
Apply Now! – Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled full time in a undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited postsecondary institution;
- Have a genuine interest in science and technology applied to societal impact;
- Be available for the entire duration of the Summer 2018 program (academic or family obligations may be excused with advance notice); and
- Submit completed application in English. All components including letters of recommendation, CV, etc. must be completed in English.