Attend a Habitat for Humanity information session on Tuesday, October 25th from 6:30 – 7:30 pm at Middlebury Community Recreation Center on Creek Road.
Come to find out more about Habitat for Humanity houses and how you can qualify. Childcare and light refreshments will be provided.
Benefits of partnering with Habitat for Humanity include no interest rate on your mortgage and your own energy efficient home!
Not available on October 25th? Attend the Vergennes information session at Bixby Memorial Library on Thursday, October 27th from 6:30-7:30 pm. To learn more call 802-388-0400 or email HabitatApplicationsAC@gmail.com.
Attention Middlebury College Community!
The time has come to begin collecting donations for the annual Winter Clothing Closet! See below for how to help.
What it is:
Each year, the Commons Residential Advisors (CRAs) and International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) team up to organize a clothing drive to benefit new international and U.S. students (especially those who have never lived in a cold climate) who need warm winter clothes.
What we’re looking for:
We seek “like-new” or “gently-used” winter clothing. In particular, we’re looking for winter coats, jackets, hats, mittens/gloves, scarves, and footwear/boots that would appeal to college students.
Where to bring your donations:
Collection boxes can be found in the following locations from October 5-October 23, 2016:
- Atwater Dining— near the dining room entrance.
- Athletics Complex— inside the main entrance by the information desk.
- Davis Family Library– near the Circulation Desk
- McCullough Student Center– by the lower-level entrance to Crossroads Café/The Grille
- Proctor Dining— in Woodstove Lounge.
- Public Safety— 125 South Main Street/Route 30 (open 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Ross Dining—near the dining room entrance.
- Service Building/ISSS Office– In the first floor entryway, by the stairs that go up to ISSS.
- Sunderland/Dana Auditorium – Inside main entrance.
A big thank you to all offices hosting collection boxes and to all of you who are able to contribute!
The Winter Clothing Closet will be held on Wednesday, October 26.
Questions? Please contact ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 802-443-5858.