The Service Cluster Board is accepting applications to serve on the 2016-2017 Flex Fund Review Committee!
Download the application here.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 27th
Submit application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service Cluster Board Flex Fund provides funding for individuals, ad-hoc groups, teams, and official student organizations to carry out volunteer service. The Committee works with the SCB Co-Coordinators in order to review and approve applications grounded in service. Examples of previously funded initiatives are: transportation to teach a foreign language at Monkton Elementary, service trips during winter and spring breaks, and dinners at a local homeless shelter.
Responsibilities of SCB Flex Fund Review Committee Members include:
- Review funding requests from individual students, ad-hoc groups and student organizations for community service projects.
- Attend fall and spring trainings.
- Respond to funding requests via email within 24 hours.
- Attend Review Committee meetings during the semester.
Please Note: Although the Flex Fund Review Committee will meet intermittently during the semester, much of the Review Committee communication regarding applications will be conducted electronically. It is crucial that potential candidates are diligent about responding to e-mails.
Benefits of being an SCB Flex Fund Review Committee Member:
- Ability to help positively impact the community by empowering new service initiatives.
- Gain advising/program coordination experience by reviewing applications and programming.
- Gain budget management experience by balancing and dispersing funds from a $5,700 discretionary budget.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Passion for volunteer service.
- Ability to be responsive to applications within 24 to 48 hours.
- Ability to adhere to the Flex Fund philosophy and goals through sound decisions on funding initiatives.
WomenSafe is now accepting applications for volunteers! Help to make your community a more just and safe place to live.
WomenSafe is a community organization that serves people across the gender spectrum who experience sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking. Volunteer your time, talents and energy for tasks like answering the hotline, speaking to community groups, assisting in planning events or helping with administrative duties. The organization is also seeking volunteers to help educate and raise awareness, assist with court advocacy and childcare as well as monitor supervised visitation.
Mark your calendars! The annual training begins September 21, 2016.
For more information or an application, call 802-388-9180 or email email@example.com.
The application can also be found online.