This Friday November 6, 2015 from 6:30-8:30am – ITS will be updating a software license server (KeyServer). The only software that will be offline during this time is the Final Draft software. We hope this will not cause any inconvenience and that those using the software can build this downtime into their plans. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have concerns.
Students, faculty, and staff at both Middlebury College and the Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey have free access to Data-Planet for a limited period of time.
There are two aspects of Data-Planet:
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets provides access to the extensive Data-Planet repository of standardized and structured statistical data. Through a single platform, users can search and browse 25 billion data points in over 4.3 billion datasets sourced from over 70 authoritative government and private sources. The platform’s powerful functionality allows users to manipulate datasets, compare multiple indicators, chart trends over time and spatially represent data without requiring additional software programs. Multiple export options are provided.
- Data-Planet Ready Reference provides easy means to get quick facts about countries and economies around the world.
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Join your colleagues from both the Middlebury and Monterey campuses for a presentation and discussion on critical cybersecurity issues including phishing and cracking.
- On October 29th at 12:30 Eastern time, Information Security will host a Cybersecurity Roadshow.
- You can join the discussion in Lib105A on the Middlebury Campus or on PolyCom 710205
- Central Monterey meeting location TBD.
Please join us for this discussion. It is open to students, faculty, staff and the community. Computer security is the responsibility of us all.
For more information call Information Security at 802-349-5805
How Student Video Presentations Can Build Community in an Online Course – A professor has his students present their work in video format in an online calculus class.
For a limited time, members of the Middlebury College community can discover the full panoply of American regional words, phrases, and pronunciations with Harvard’s Dictionary of American Regional English, or DARE. The digital edition features audio, interactive maps, and insights into the DARE Survey.Let us know what you think – email email@example.com or contact your library liaison.
Students, faculty, and staff in the Middlebury College community have free trial access to
This Archives Unbound collection on law and order documents the efforts of district attorneys in states that fought in the Confederacy or were Border States to uphold federal laws. It includes correspondence between and among DAs, Attorneys General, marshals, judges, convicts, and citizens.
These documents and images are cross-searchable on the Archives Unbound platform, where Middlebury has purchased access to 30 other collections.