|From Midd to MIIS||From MIIS to MIdd|
|Dan Stearns, Facilities
Oct 17 – 28
|Melissa Sorenson, Digital Learning Commons
|Mike Moore, Facilities
Oct 17 – 28
|Rachel Muradyan, GSTILE
|LeRoy Graham, Provost’s Office
Week of Oct 17
|Kim Downs, SFS
Week of Oct 17
|Norm Cushman, Facilities
|Mike Roy, Library
Oct 24 & 25
|Steve Snyder, Language Schools
Nov 8 – 11
|Vardit Ringwald, School of Hebrew
Nov 8 – 11
In November, Cigna will hold a series of open meetings (on each campus) in which they will present information on topics such as: how to access services, network coverage, switching mail order prescriptions, technology offerings, etc. Meetings will include ample time for questions from the audience. These group meetings will be offered at:
|Middlebury, Wilson Hall, McCullough Student Center
|Day||Date||Session 1||Session 2|
|Tuesday||11/01||8:30 – 10:00 AM||12:00 – 1:30 PM|
|Thursday||11/03||12:00 – 1:30 PM||2:30 – 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||11/08||12:00 – 1:30 PM||2:30 – 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||11/10||8:30 – 10:00 AM||12:00 – 1:30 PM|
Monterey, McCone Boardroom
|Tuesday||11/01||1:30 – 3:00 PM|
|Thursday||11/03||9:00 – 10:30 AM|
|Tuesday||11/08||10:00 – 11:30 AM|
|Thursday||11/10||2:00 – 3:30 PM|
Reminder: One on One Meetings
Please keep in mind that representatives from Cigna will be visiting both the Middlebury and Monterey campuses several times through the Fall and Winter months. On-site visits are reserved for private, one-one-one meetings between employees and a Cigna representative. If you have a question about your medical or dental benefits please make an appointment to speak with our local representative at:
- Drupal monster_menus 7.x-1.26
- WordPress Disqus Comment System 2.86
- WordPress Duplicate Post 3.01
- WordPress Hueman theme 3.2.9
- WordPress Post Types Order 1.9
Fixes and Tweaks
- Occasionally, when updating content on our Drupal sites, the front-end Varnish cache was not cleared on save because the script handling that event had Windows-style rather than UNIX-style line endings and silently failed. This was corrected.
- We dropped SSLv3 support in favor of TLS on Drupal and WordPress sites.
- Removed a duplicate page title above the breadcrumb on the Sustainability site.
- Adding integration with Google Drive folders for the Course Hub.
- Building out the configuration of our CAS, GO, MediaWiki, and Course Catalog servers in Chef, which is a configuration management system. We have already completed this work for our Drupal and WordPress environments.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
- Populating mailing lists in the MyEmma email system from Banner.
Undergraduate research is an important academic experience for many students. But imagine if we could provide that experience to all students. Would we want to do that? Why? What would it look like? Join us for a discussion about (re) envisioning undergraduate research. Why is it an important component of a liberal arts education? How do students and faculty benefit? Can we imagine new models of authentic research experiences and attendant creative and/or scholarly processes that make them more available to more students, using fewer resources? Are there new challenges we face?
LUNCH PROVIDED FOR THOSE WHO RSVP
Sponsored by the Center for Teaching, Learning and Research and the Library
The Office of Digital Learning, the Digital Learning Commons, and the Academic Cyberinfrastructure Transformation Team (ACTT) will be hosting a community-initiated conversation about remote work and distance collaboration on November 11, 2016 at 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT. The event will include synchronous collaboration across both campuses and with other remote attendees. For more information, visit the Office of Digital Learning blog, or save your seat for the conversation right away.