Remote-Learner, our Moodle host, will be updating our Moodle instance on Friday, August 29th, at 11:59pm. We expect the site to be available by Saturday, August 30th, at 2am.
This message is from Remote-Learner, our Moodle host:
Remote Learner will be conducting database maintenance August the 15th from 01:00 AM EST until 04:00 AM EST on the Kansas City data center. During this window we will be improving the performance and resiliency of our database system. During this time you may experience periods with loss of connectivity to your hosted site. Thank you for your patience as we continue improving our services.
Remote-Learner Technical Support
This Sunday morning during our maintenance window we will be performing the following activities:
(1) Upgrade the “Go” Web Application server, we expect less than a 10 minute interruption of service at approximately 7:00 am.
(2) Upgrade Central Authentication Service (CAS), we do not expect a service impact, this activity will also take place at approximately 7:00 am.
Thanks for your patience as we strive to keep our systems operating optimally.
This Sunday morning between our maintenance window of 6 am to 10 am we will be performing the following network activity:
Between 6 am and 7 am we will be replacing networking equipment that serves Proctor. There will be less than a 30 minute network outage during this period to locations within Proctor including the book store, dining facilities and WRMC, this will include the radio transmission of WRMC.
Between 6:30 am and 8:00 am we will upgrade the network equipment that service the Biomass area within the Service Building. There will be a less than 20 minute network outage during this period within the Biomass facility, Locksmith and Custodial Services locations.
Between 7:00 and 8:30 am we will be checking fiber connections that terminate in one of our primary data centers, while we do not expect any network impact, it is possible there may be several less than 1 minute interruptions of network connectivity to many buildings on campus.
Thanks for your patience as we strive to keep our network operating optimally.
All banner systems are now back up and available for use. Thank you for your patience.
Associate Dean, Library & Information Services
Director Enterprise Applications
Between 1 and 6 am on Saturday morning Remote-Learner will be upgrading the Middlebury Moodle (http://moodle.middlebury.edu/) and Measure (https://measure.middlebury.edu/) instances. During this period we expect that there will be several brief disruptions of these services.
The Follow activities are planned for this Sunday morning during our established maintenance window between 6 and 10 am.
(1) Between 6 and 7 am we will be reconfiguring a network security appliance that lives in our path to our Internet services providers. We do not expect a noticeable service impact.
(2) Between 6 and 7 am we will be performing essential maintenance on our network core. We do not expect a noticeable service impact.
(3) Between 6 and 7 am we will be dual-homing outer core network switches that provide connectivity to the below buildings, we do not expect a noticeable service impact:
Center for the Arts
All of Athletics
Robert A. Jones
(5) Between 6 and 10 am we will be upgrading a number of network switches throughout the Middlebury campus. There will be an approximately 15 minute network service interruption during this period to the following buildings:
All of Athletics
Center for the Arts
220 College St
This Sunday morning we’re planning the following activities:
(1) Between 6:00 and 7:00 we’ll be upgrading the operating system of one of our building network aggregation switch, this will result in an interruption of network connectivity for about 15 minutes to the following buildings:
- Small student houses on west side of campus
- Public Safety
- Voter faculty and students
(2) Between 6:00 and 7:00 am we’ll be dual-homing a server farm aggregation network switch, we do not expect any network impact of this activity.
(3) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll be enhancing the routing exchange on our border gateway routers and with our Internet Service Providers. We don’t expect an interruption of Internet connectivity, worse case is a less than 10 minute interruption.
(4) Between 7:00 am 8:00 we’ll be upgrading the network bandwidth from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps for McCullough, there will be an interruption of network connectivity to McCullough for less than 15 minutes.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to enhance the performance and reliability of our IT infrastructure.