I’ve been reading through our daily updates here at work, exploring what others have been up to. I began to see some common threads, but I wasn’t sure how much of that was influenced by my own interest- seeing what I want to see.

I read that Maryanna had made a Wordle last week, and it inspired me to make an April 13-17 Wordle, using all the text from our updates.

Now I can easily see that we’ve been devoting a lot of time to learning, QP12 (our workshop series), attending events, reading and writing blog posts, and talking about language.

I’ve got a series of rather dry, monotonous classroom observation write-ups that I’ve been sitting on, wondering how to make them more accessible and transparent. I might try creating a Wordle gallery as an accompaniment.

Check Wordle out for yourself, at www.wordle.net

You can browse the gallery, or create your own wordle by cutting and pasting text or composing an original piece, on the spot!

One thought on “Our Friend Wordle, making repetition visual

1. Thanks, Anna and Maryanna, for the Wordle Blog. I checked out the gallery and I immediately thought: I’ll use Wordle for sentence-construction exercises. Break down sentences in single words, create a Wordl and have students reconstruct the sentences. You’re saying I could just as well do this on WORD? Yes, sure, but it’ll look so much more exciting and professional on Wordle – and, of course, less linear. And we want to activate our neural nodes, don’t we?