LACN – Embrace it, use it, love it

So, here we are, back at Club Midd doing the whole J-term thing. For me, because I’m so fantastical, I am enjoying the nice mountain breeze and bright sun, maybe I will go skiing one day, maybe I won’t. But one thing I do know, if I was a junior, is that I would be applying to INTERNSHIPS, daddy! You know that you have oodles of time during this delicious and savory month, why not take advantage of it and dominate some applications? Exactly, get on it. You know gosh darn well that the CSO Laboratory of Dreams is just cranking internships top shelf by the boat load so there is never a shortage to the amount of opportunities waiting to be devoured.

When Club Midd enthusiasts and CSO connoisseurs think of where to apply for jobs, they obviously think of MOJO. But I am here to let you beautiful sports fans out there know that there is a sweetastic resource that tastes better than a twisti cone on a summer day called LACN, the Liberal Arts Career Network. Basically, it’s for tubular liberal arts schools such as Middlebury and it has thousands, literally, thousands of internship and job opportunities. Get your hind quarters moving and start filling out those applications! Or as my friends at CNET say, “Tap that App.” Appropriate? Questionable. Catchy? Totally. Tap it.

Given that I am a Midd student, and a senior to boot (what does that even mean?), I have been applying to some jobs. Notably, I just tapped some apps for jobs in DC. But it also turns out that if you are looking for some internships in DC, you’ve struck gold. Not only does LACN have some opportunities to work at the White House, yeah the big one, but it also has some other neat opportunities. Here is a list I’ve compiled of employers who are offering internships with expiring deadlines, aka, you should apply meow:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Renewable Energy Policy Project

National Gallery of Art (NGA)

U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS

Besides calling Ghostbusters, what are you going to do? Look at LACN and apply to some internships! Awesome, I’ll meet you there. Don’t forget to look at some on MOJO, they are cool too.

As always, stop by the CSO 2-5PM if you have any questions or want to talk to a counselor, they are chill. Check it y’all