This Sunday morning during our maintenance window between 6 am 10 am we will be upgrading network switches that provide network connectivity to the following locations on the Middlebury campus. There will be an approximately 15 minute interruption of network services at each location as each switch is upgraded. Thank you for your patience as we perform this essential proactive maintenance.
Bread Loaf (all)
Voter 1st floor
All Banner systems ( INB & SSB/web) are currently unavailable. We have Ellucian technicians working on the problem and will update you as we know more and when the systems are back and available for use.
Associate Dean & Director, Enterprise Applications
Library & Information Services, Middlebury College
The following essential network maintenance activity is planned for this Sunday morning that will result in extended service interruptions throughout the campus.
Between 6:30 and 7:15 am the network core’s components will be upgraded. While all of the components of the network core are redundant, not all parts of the network throughout the campus have a path back to both sides of the network core. As a result there will be a 20 – 30 minute network service interruption for the majority of buildings on campus.
Between 7:00 and 8:15 am critical network aggregation switches that connect campus buildings and server farms to the network core will be upgraded. This will result in a complete interruption of network connectivity of approximately 30 minutes throughout the campus. This includes access to the College’s primary web sites, Email, MiddFiles – all systems hosted at Middlebury.
Between 7:45 and 9:00 am our border gateway routers and other components that connect the network core with the Internet will be upgraded. We expect four 3-5 minute periods where Internet routing will be in flux and expect transient loss of Internet connectivity for the Middlebury campus. During these four 3-5 minute periods, the VPNs with MIIS and Ellucian may be interrupted briefly, this would impact reaching Banner SSB and INB.
These network upgrades are essential and must be completed in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience as we strive to keep our network operating optimally.
The Wiley Online Library is non-functional for us and for other libraries around the country. There has not been any official notification from Wiley, so I cannot predict when access will be restored. When I know more, I will add an update in a comment to this post.
We have received a message from Remote-Learner, our Moodle hosting company, that they will be doing some maintenance to improve the security of the service. Expect disruptions in service between 1-6am on Saturday, February 16th.
Dear Valued Client,
In order to install new security upgrades and additional security features, Remote-Learner’s IT technical support division has planned a five-hour maintenance. During the maintenance period internet connectivity may be briefly disrupted several times on February 16th from 1:00 am EST to 6:00 am EST.
The new upgrades and security features will provide additional hosting security for clients. Ultimately, we believe that you will be pleased with the security updates, and we ask in advance that you accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may experience. We welcome your feedback on our efforts to continue to provide quality customer service and we request that you direct any questions and concerns related to this scheduled maintenance to Remote-Learner’s support division.
The Remote-Learner Team
The telephone outage that began early this afternoon was cleared as of approximately 3:30pm. If you are still experiencing problems, please let us know via email email@example.com.
This Sunday morning we’re planning the following activities:
(1) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll be applying some security patches to the Library server “zeppo”. We expect a less than 10 minute outage of the following services: MiddCat, My MiddCat, Ilsley cataglog, Sheldon catalog, the Millennium client used by library staff.
(2) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll upgrade the Service Building network connection to 10 Gbps from 1 Gbps . This will interrupt all network services to the Service Building for less than 20 minutes.
(3) Between 7:00 and 8:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections for Stewart. This will interrupt all network services Stewart for less than 10 minutes.
(4) Between 7:00 and 9:00 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections and switch out some associated infrastructure for McCullough. This will interrupt all network services to McCullough for 2 less than 10 minute periods.
(5) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to the large dorms on the north side of campus. This will interruption all network connections to these buildings 2-3 times for less than 2 minutes each.
(6) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to BiHall. This will interrupt all network connections to BiHall for less than 2 minutes.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to enhance the performance and reliability of our IT infrastructure.