The following information is pertinent only for individuals having a Key Survey account used to create, distribute, and work with surveys and response data.
Message text (excerpt) from WorldAPP’s Customer Care team, dated 10/21/14:
New updates for Form.com Mobile v4.0 and Key Survey Mobile v4.0 are now available for download.
What’s New: This latest software update provides enhanced ability to capture data from your mobile device while offline and offers improved data synchronization technology with a faster automatic data upload frequency rate when online – now, every 5 minutes.
Before downloading the update, please be informed that:
• Legacy versions of the Form.com Mobile and Key Survey Mobile apps will continue to operate, however, we highly recommend installing the latest update to receive the best possible performance.
• We advise performing a final synchronization request to ensure all data is uploaded to the server. Failure to do this could result in data loss.
• If you are still working from the WorldAPP Offline branded mobile app, it is recommended that you install the new mobile app (Form.com Mobile for Form.com accounts, Key Survey Mobile for Key Survey accounts), as WorldAPP Offline will no longer be supported. Follow these 4 simple steps for a smooth transition to the new app.
As always, WorldAPP’s support staff can assist with questions you may have.
http://moodle.middlebury.edu has been scheduled for Maintenance at 23:00 EDT on 24-OCT-2014.
Your site may be unavailable for up to 15 minutes while this action occurs.
For the night owls out there, please note that our lynda.com online learning resource will be unavailable from 2:00 – 3:00 AM Friday, September 19, while web server capacity improvements are implemented. (What’s that you say? You haven’t heard of lynda?? Visit go/lyndainfo to see what you’re missing.)
We’re seeing an abnormally high level of traffic between our storage systems across data centers. The result of this is the user community will occasionally see slow data transfers. E.g. Opening or saving files to the network, retrieving email, mounting shared drives, etc… We expect to reach normal levels within the next 24 hours.
This Sunday morning between 8 and 10 am ET we will be upgrading the Monterey Institute of International Studies website (http://www.miis.edu) from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7.
The upgrade will take approximately one hour during which the site will not be usable.
There will also be a short period of under one minute during the upgrade when file assets on the other Drupal 7 sites may not be available. These sites include:
- Davis Fellows for Peace: http://www.davisfellowsforpeace.org
- Davis Projects for Peace: http://www.davisprojectsforpeace.org
- Davis United World Scholars Program: http://davisuwcscholars.org
- Middlebury Museum of Art: http://museum.middlebury.edu
- Secure Forms for Middlebury: https://forms.middlebury.edu
- Secure Forms for MIIS: https://forms.miis.edu
We do not anticipate any impact on other services.
Remote-Learner, our Moodle host, will be updating our Moodle instance on Friday, August 29th, at 11:59pm. We expect the site to be available by Saturday, August 30th, at 2am.
Updated @ 6:24 PM ET 23AUG2014 – All interruptions to services have been resolved. You should now be able to access Banner INB, Banner Web/SSB, Hyperion, etc. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may have caused. Please report any additional problems to the Help Desk.
Original Message –
We are currently experiencing an interruption of service when connecting to systems and applications hosted in the Ellucian data centers.
Banner Web/SSB services are UP and operational however users cannot connect to Internet Native Banner (aka Banner INB), the Hyperion EPM reporting environments and other associated systems and applications.
We are working with our vendors to restore services as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.