We are currently experiencing issues with Key Survey (hosted by WorldApp). Users who try to log on will not be presented with the usual login screen; the page simply does not load. Survey recipients will not be able to access surveys and respond at this time.
WorldApp has been notified of these problems. Updates will be shared here as soon as they are available.
Remember that go/techalerts can be used for quick access to system up/down information and posts concerning outages.
[As of 9:15 am – WorldApp currently estimates that services will be restored in about 30 minutes. All modules are affected; surveys and reports are not accessible as well.]
Wednesday, April 15th 5:35
The issue with Outlook has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Wednesday, April 15th 5:00 PM
We are experiencing a problem with Outlook email that effects approximately 25% of users. We are investigating the cause and will update this alert when more information is available. Webmail or OWA is working.
From Remote-Learner, our Moodle host:
Maintenance Window: 12:00am to 4:00am ET on April 17, 2017
In order to increase the resilience and reliability of our cloud platform we will be conducting network maintenance during the window above. At this time, your site will be operational but may notice a slight decrease in performance.
Remote-Learner Technical Support
You may have noticed that no changes to our wireless networks took place yesterday (3/16). We are giving people more time to switch from Midd-standard to the new MiddleburyCollege network. If you haven’t already done so, please take this opportunity to connect your wireless devices to MiddleburyCollege. If you encounter any difficulties, contact the Technology HelpDesk for assistance.
The following wireless networks are currently available:
* MiddleburyCollege is the new, fast, and secure wireless network. A Middlebury username and password or guest account is required.
* MCPSK is the new wireless network for the limited devices that cannot connect to the MiddleburyCollege network, including the following: PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo DS, Kindle, and Nook.
* Midd-standard continues to be available to provide wireless access to campus visitors.
* The eduroam network is available for guests from participating institutions who don’t have Middlebury credentials.
There was a minor technical issue that prevented us from making the wireless change planned for today (removing midd-unplugged and adding MiddleburyCollege). We are back on track to make the change tomorrow morning, March 3rd.
Further updates as events warrant. Please contact the Helpdesk (x2200) with any questions.
Middlebury College ITS
The following information is important only for individuals having a Key Survey account used to create, distribute, and work with surveys and response data.
Please be aware that the WorldAPP team (our Key Survey host) will be performing needed hardware maintenance on this coming Saturday, January 17, 2015, between the hours of:
EST: 2 am to 7 am (GMT: 7 am to 12 pm)
During these hours Key Survey will be temporary unavailable. Once the hardware maintenance has been completed, all applications, survey and forms links, and reports will be available as usual.
WorldAPP apologizes for the short notice and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this maintenance. Feel free to contact their Support Team via email (email@example.com), phone (781.849.8118), or live chat from www.keysurvey.com.
Every year we take a brief period during the Holiday Break to perform needed maintenance and upgrade of our infrastructure and core systems. Below is a description of what we are planning for December 20th,21st, 22nd and 23rd, and how it may impact you.
- Exchange email environment will be upgraded from version 2010 to 2013
- The new 2013 cluster is already built and integrated together with our 2010 cluster.
- We will migrate student mailboxes beginning Wednesday, Dec 17th through Friday, Dec 19th. Faculty & Staff mailboxes will migrate beginning Saturday, December 20th through Sunday, December 21st.
- Once all of the Outlook accounts have been migrated, you will see two or more restart messages. If you have access to multiple mailboxes, you will see more restart messages. Except for that, we do not anticipate any other impact for you.
- The interface for webmail will be changed, with an updated design that is reflective of the Outlook 2013 interface.
- We have identified an issue that relates to the existence of both Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2010 servers that affected relatively small percentage of mailboxes, however many of them belonging to Faculty. These mailboxes were not accessible for much of Monday, Dec 16th, to resolve this problem, these mailboxes have been migrated to Exchange 2013 ahead of schedule. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this cause these individuals during this transition.
- PaperCut printing management service will be upgraded on Sunday, Dec 21st between 8 am and Noon. There will be several short printing service interruptions during this window.
- Wireless Infrastructure Upgrade on Monday, Dec 22nd between 9 and 11 am.
o During this upgrade all wireless access points on campus will be rebooted, resulting in up to 15 minutes of wireless connectivity downtime throughout the campus, Bread Loaf and the Snowbowl.
- Middlebury core network routing changes on Tuesday, Dec 23rd
o We will be adjusting parts of our core network and routing between 8 AM and Noon. There will be 30-45 minutes of network service interruptions to McCardell Bicentennial Hall and separately, 30-45 minutes of network service interruption to residence halls on the North side of campus.
- Internet related outages – starting at 2pm on Tuesday, Dec 23rd
o Beginning at 2pm, we will be testing Internet and network component failover procedures. We expect there will be 3 to 5 interruptions of Internet connectivity to and from the Middlebury network, each lasting about 5 minutes.
Thank you for your patience and support as we perform these necessary upgrades,
ITS – Central Systems & Network Services
Middlebury, VT 05753