This is the 10th in a series of blog posts outlining the collaborative process of designing an online course for the first time from scratch. You can read the other posts here.
In this meeting we took the temp in terms of where we were in course development timeline and what additional work needed to be completed to get to our end point on time. Heather was able to do a thorough review of two modules so questions about those items were also addressed. The team revisited the checklist to confirm progress. We also submitted additional requests for assistance with:
- Transcription of a recorded interview
- Support for an in-person tech session
- Help from a student intern to review course content
In preparation for the next meeting Heather spent the following week working her way through the course and came up with the following list of outstanding questions and to-do items. We considered this our first copy edit review of the course content.
- Added links to assignment guideline docs from the About this Course grading section. – Is this ok?
- What would you like to do about the Quest activity? (This activity was designed to take students on an active tour of the course where they had to discover different info in the course.)
- Items at end of module 1 (This referred to additional content in draft format that were awaiting finalization of reading schedule.)
- Module 4 exit ticket – how do you want this to be submitted? (via Canvas assignment?)
- Consider suggesting to students that they start a new thread for each discussion group – Module 4 discussion
- Items at end of module 5 (This referred to additional content in draft format that were awaiting finalization of reading schedule.)
- Entrance ticket for module 7 is the assignment for module 6 – or is it supposed to be the wiki here? (Checking links is a crucial part of the final steps of hybrid course development.)
Needs to be done
- Exit ticket for module 2
- Add link to this reading in module 5 – Visualizing qualitative data in evaluation research. New Directions for Evaluation, 139, 53-71.
- Figure out how the Storytelling with Data links and info (library resources) should be managed
- Add transcript to interview page
- Course tour video & transcript (for main page)
- Add assignments into module view