To meet a number of mandatory federal reporting obligations, Human Resources is turning on two new survey pages in Self Service Banner (SSB). These pages will offer you the opportunity to voluntarily provide your veterans and disability status. Both surveys allow you to opt out if you do not wish to answer. Once you have completed these surveys’ you will not be asked to complete them again. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC) members Champlain College, Middlebury College, and Saint Michael’s College, are continuing efforts to obtain cost savings for the three institutions while adding benefits for all. Recently, GMHEC went through a request for proposal for coffee and condiments. We received four proposals. After reviewing and vetting the proposals through a detailed process, we awarded the contract to W.B. Mason. This is the same company which was awarded the GMHEC Office Supply contract last year.
The contract gives Middlebury at least 15% savings on coffee and up to 58% on condiments with a 2 year price guarantee. For example, K-Cups cost only $10.24 per box and renting Keurig coffee machines (K140s and K150s) is free. Using W.B. Mason for both Office Supplies and Coffee/Condiments will simplify ordering for you and streamline the payment process for Accounts Payable.
To order coffee and condiments, please visit the W.B. Mason website. The pricing is reflected on the website. If you do not have a W.B. Mason account yet – please contact Matt Curran who will set you up with an account. Please refrain from ordering coffee and condiments (unless you order for dining) from other vendors such as Crystal Rock, Costco, Walmart, Amazon, etc.
To rent a coffee brewer, contact Jarrod Pulsifer, our W.B. Mason account executive, with information on which brewer you would like, the INDEX to charge it to, and the exact location where it will be (address, room number). It usually takes 3-5 business days to get the brewer installed.
For water coolers, the College is staying with Misty Meadows to support a small, local, family-owned business. If you need a plumbed-in water cooler, W.B. Mason is the vendor of choice though as Misty Meadows does not provide them (and your contact is Jarrod Pulsifer). For Misty Meadows contact information see the Purchasing website.
Please be mindful of the College’s policy that these types of items are only allowable with advance approval from your supervisor per the College’s handbook.
Open Enrollment for Middlebury’s 2016 Health & Welfare Benefit Plan is being held from November 1 – 14, 2015. All benefits-eligible employees are required to complete the open enrollment process within this time period even if they do not intend to make benefit changes for 2016.
Open enrollment is your opportunity to:
• Continue your current medical, dental, or vision elections into the new year OR add coverage for yourself and/or dependents OR terminate your own or your dependents’ coverage.
• Continue your current voluntary life and/or accidental death and dismemberment coverage for the new year OR increase OR decrease the amount of existing coverage in these plans.
• Enroll in the health care and/or the dependent care flexible spending account(s) for next year. If you do not make an FSA election, you will not be contributing for 2016 even if you participated in 2015. For Q&A’s on the Health Care FSA rollover click here.
Open Enrollment must be completed, using Banner Web, between November 1 – 14, 2015. Benefits eligible employees will be able to access the open enrollment module from any computer with internet access.
1. Access the Open Enrollment System:
2. Enter your Banner Web User ID (your Midd ID number) and your PIN and click “Login”.
3. Click “Employee”, then “Benefits and Deductions”, and then “Open Enrollment”.