On to another week of readings and a videoconference!

Thanks again to everyone for your participation in last Thursday’s videoconference. It was fun to experience a different format–with a fascinating panel to start us off and with the members of a traveling food consortium joining our subsequent discussion.

This coming week we’ll have our third videoconference in as many weeks. I look forward to co-facilitating this exploration of justice, race, and food with Heather Hyden, our FoodWorks Coordinator in Louisville. It will build directly on our readings from the week. In addition to the free-standing selections from Agyeman, Ammons, and Holt-Gimenez, you’ll find the other listed authors by reading the Lappé essay and then going back to the top to click the names and read the responses by Patel and the others. Just as last week, you don’t need to venture any comprehensive analysis of the readings. Rather, after looking at all of them, make a pointed, specific, and concrete (and, if you’d like, personal) to one of them that especially engages you.

Once more this week, I’ll read around in the posts Fellows put up, and will from time to time add my comments in order to extend my ongoing conversations with you.