Once in a while, though, a particular piece jumps out. I don’t know the artist, the class, or the professor, but hats off to this piece. Next to one of our favorite trees, a massive Black Willow disintegrating before our very eyes, this piece (don’t even know the name) has captured, I think, the spirit of the surrondings perfectly. I’m no critic, and the only art classes I’ve had are in landscape design, but I know what I like. And, to whoever made this piece, well, I’ll quote my grandfather when I’d graduated high school. “You done good”.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 49.9F, Clear - 3:18 AM EDT Aug. 28Temperature: 49.9°F | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 30.13in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Friday Night as of Aug. 27 11:22 PM EDTFriday Night - Clear to partly cloudy. Low 56F. Winds light and variable.
- Friday as of Aug. 27 11:22 PM EDTFriday - Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 78F. Winds light and variable.
- Saturday as of Aug. 27 11:22 PM EDTSaturday - Intervals of clouds and sunshine in the morning with more clouds for later in the day. High 81F. Winds light and variable.
- Current Conditions : 49.9F, Clear - 3:18 AM EDT Aug. 28