Once in a while, though, a particular piece jumps out. I don’t know the artist, the class, or the professor, but hats off to this piece. Next to one of our favorite trees, a massive Black Willow disintegrating before our very eyes, this piece (don’t even know the name) has captured, I think, the spirit of the surrondings perfectly. I’m no critic, and the only art classes I’ve had are in landscape design, but I know what I like. And, to whoever made this piece, well, I’ll quote my grandfather when I’d graduated high school. “You done good”.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 52.3F, Overcast - 7:10 PM EDT May. 22Temperature: 52.3°F | Humidity: 52% | Pressure: 30.00in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 4.0mph
- Saturday as of May. 22 5:20 PM EDTSaturday - Sunny. High 66F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday as of May. 22 5:20 PM EDTFriday - Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the mid 30s.
- Friday Night as of May. 22 5:20 PM EDTFriday Night - A shower is possible early. Partly cloudy skies. Low near 35F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Frost Advisory - Expires: 8:00 AM EDTFrost Advisory for Addison County in effect until 8:00 AM EDT on May 23, 2015
- Current Conditions : 52.3F, Overcast - 7:10 PM EDT May. 22