Once in a while, though, a particular piece jumps out. I don’t know the artist, the class, or the professor, but hats off to this piece. Next to one of our favorite trees, a massive Black Willow disintegrating before our very eyes, this piece (don’t even know the name) has captured, I think, the spirit of the surrondings perfectly. I’m no critic, and the only art classes I’ve had are in landscape design, but I know what I like. And, to whoever made this piece, well, I’ll quote my grandfather when I’d graduated high school. “You done good”.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 67.3F, Overcast - 2:44 AM EDT Sep. 2Temperature: 67.3°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 29.87in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Tuesday Night as of Sep. 1 11:00 PM EDTTuesday Night - Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 64F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.
- Tuesday as of Sep. 1 11:00 PM EDTTuesday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 86F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Wednesday as of Sep. 1 11:00 PM EDTWednesday - Mostly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 82F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph.
- Current Conditions : 67.3F, Overcast - 2:44 AM EDT Sep. 2