Use interlibrary loan to obtain materials that are not available at Middlebury Libraries. You’ll receive most articles and chapters via email in only 1-2 days! Books and DVDs take a little longer (average 8 days) because they need to be packaged up and shipped.
Create your account and submit a request: go.middlebury.edu/illiad/
Ever wish you could read over the shoulder of that other student in the thesis carrel?
It can be helpful to look at models when you’re beginning your own coursework.
Our online collection of student scholarship includes papers, presentations and projects from Computer Science, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, Geology, History, History of Art and Architecture, Religion and more.
Find information and inspiration at Student Scholarship at Middlebury:
Come to the Research Desk to claim your free unicorn!*
(*Ahem. No actual unicorns are available at this time.)
But please do come and say hello to a friendly librarian! We provide expert research help, bookmarks, collectible library pins and (sometimes) candy! Find us at the Research Desk on the main level of the Davis Family Library.
Spring Research Desk Hours
(February 11 – May 21)
- Sunday 1pm-5pm
- Monday 11am-5pm and 7pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday 11am-5pm and 7pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday 11am-5pm and 7pm-9:30pm
- Thursday 11am-5pm
- Friday 11am-4pm
And online anytime!
No one’s at the Research Desk?
Visit us in our offices! Librarians are conveniently located right behind the Research Desk.
What about the Armstrong Library?
A librarian is available most days at the Armstrong Library in McCardell Bicentennial Hall, too. Just ask!
Research Questions, Week 1 (2016 and 2017)
Great job, students!
We’ve enjoyed talking with you at the Research Desk at the Davis Family Library. You’ve asked us a lot of questions! More this year than last year, even.
In just the first week of classes, you stopped by 142 times, which is up from the 124 questions we received in Week 1 last year. That’s a 14.5% increase. Even more significantly, 72 of your questions were research-related, which is a 33% increase over last year!
What’s been going on at the Research Desk?
- We’ve helped people find books and DVDs (“Where is this call number located?”)
- We’ve figured out how to cite unusual sources (“How do I cite something I read in Chinese?”)
- We’ve discussed how to narrow a research topic, how to refine a search for scholarly articles, how to decide when it’s time to shift to a different research topic, and more
What do students say?
- “I just came from a research workshop for my first-year seminar, and I wanted to continue my search.”
- “Thank you! I’ve never known how to use Interlibrary Loan, so I’m glad I asked!”
- “I wish I’d come to see you last year!”
So please, keep on asking! We’re glad to answer.
The Vermont Community Foundation (VCF) seeks applicants for a two-year paid Environmental Philanthropy Associate located in Middlebury, VT. The work of the fellow will be focused in two primary areas: the High Meadows Fund (HMF, www.highmeadowsfund.org) and the Vermont Food Funders Network. HMF’s mission is to promote a healthy natural environment while encouraging long-term economic [...]