Application expires April 6th!
“An intern with Pathfinder is not just a junior member of the team who will “reproduce papers and get coffee,” but someone with real responsibility of the kind that many young people do not see for many years after entering the work force of a larger organization.”
What is CLIMB?
Colorado Leaders, Interns and Mentors in Business (CLIMB) seeks to educate the leaders of tomorrow through providing high-quality internships and educational experiences. Through the CLIMB program, students from Yale, Middlebury, Brown, Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Wesleyan, Denison and Northwestern McCormick School of Engineering are invited to participate in 10-week internships in the Denver Metro area that complement their collegiate experiences and help them grow as leaders, entrepreneurs, and individuals.
Who is Pathfinder Systems, Inc?
Pathfinder Systems, Inc engages in research and development of new types of training systems for air, ground, sea and space applications with a focus on defense-related training simulators and on research applications for very large remotely piloted aircraft.
About the Internship:
The intern will provide engineering, technical writing, analysis, and hands on lab work, depending on project assignment and intern qualifications. The intern will contribute to product quality and timely delivery. They encourage innovative solutions – what they typically do is build systems never built before. Inventiveness and diligence of interns in pursuing solutions invented is very valuable to them.
Ideal candidates will:
- have significant, real-world experience as part of a small, dedicated, capable team
- work on advanced software, making use of the tremendous processing power of Graphic Processing Units
- see how a simulator emerges from concept through engineering and testing into an operational system
- report day-to-day to a Program Manager, and will work daily with graduate engineers and professionals
- be one of two kinds, depending on the intern’s area of studies and inclinations: those with business or humanities backgrounds may be involved with coordination of activities, documentation, and cost estimates; those with engineering or scientific backgrounds could participate in design, development, testing, delivery, and documentation of systems
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Check out the full internship description in Handshake.
Application deadline Friday, March 9th at 7:00 pm.
*If you happen to also speak Dutch speaker, you may, if you wish and the program requires it, travel to the Netherlands approximately for a week with a senior Pathfinder representative!
**If you have at least a Student Pilot certificate, you may, with permission from parents and the CLIMB program and after training by Pathfinder, participate in flight tests as instrumentation operators on board light aircraft!
Interested in other CCI Sponsored Internships? go/ccisponsored.