Do you maintain a website in Drupal, Moodle, MediaWiki, or WordPress? LIS is now offering expanded work sessions that cover all four of these web applications, providing you with “one stop shopping” when you need website assistance. Staff from Web Application Development, Curricular Technology, and User Services will be close by to lend a hand with your projects.
Our first expanded session will be offered Wednesday, April 30 at 3:00 pm. Please let us know you plan to attend; use our convenient online signup form.
We wanted to let our website editors know that we plan on updating all six of our Drupal websites on March 13. This update is to the modules for that system that we work with Amherst to develop: Monster Menus, the Media module which manages files on the sites, and the RSS Page module which provides a content type for displaying feeds. This update may result in the site being unavailable for a few minutes while a database update script runs and will be done during our scheduled downtime that Sunday.
The affected websites are:
- http://courses.middlebury.edu Continue reading
As part of its charge, the LIS Website Team has identified staff who are willing and able to oversee the various sections of the LIS website. These people will:
- Serve as main contact persons for questions about their sections of the site
- Ensure their section of the site is current and accurate (which may involve delegating tasks to others).
- Be aware of formatting, style, and other conventions used on the LIS/College web site and follow them when making changes.
- Keep current with the necessary skills and tools do this (or receive training)
- Consult with stakeholders before implementing major refresh & enhancements.