Have you looked at the J-Term Catalog and realized that you wish you had looked for an internship?
Well it is not too late there is a November 5th deadline to receive credit for a full-time internship so get started on applying!
J-Term Internship Outreach and Social Media
The Outreach and Social Media Intern will work with the Marketing Team to do outreach and copy writing related to environmental awareness-with particular focus on issues and stories related to climate change and carbon footprints. This collateral will be used for the Brighter Planet blog, media outreach, marketing materials, and partnership collaboration. The intern will be welcomed in the downtown Middlebury office for 25-40 hours a week.
- Excellent writing skillsExperience with social Web sites such as Facebook, Twitter
- Passion for working on environmental issues
- Ability to work and thrive in team environment
- Creative thinking and communication
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED
- Understanding of carbon offsets and voluntary carbon markets
- Personal initiative and adaptability
- This is a paid position
- Sorry, no first-year students
- Ideal availability January 4-29th, 2010
- Please email resume and cover letter by November 5th
Brighter Planet (http://brighterplanet.com) helps people manage their environmental footprint. The clean-energy start-up is pioneering a new environmentalism – one that is accessible to everyone, fits one’s lifestyle, and is fun to share. Its engaging campaigns tap the power of social media to help people learn about emissions, conserve what they can, and offset the rest. Its carbon offset products, the Brighter Planet Visa credit and debit cards and Offsets by Brighter Planet, invest in only the most reputable American renewable energy projects. To date, more than 100,000 people have used the company’s climate change solutions.
BRIGHTER PLANET, INC.
36 MAIN ST
MIDDLEBURY, VT 05753
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
802 458 0441 x322
carolyn <at> brighterplanet.com