Tag Archives: juniors
S. Grady Welsh Selected as a Goldwater Scholar
UpNext: Careers in Climate Solutions coming March 30-31. If you are interested in a career in climate solutions, don’t miss this chance to meet Midd alumni working in the field!
Climate Change touches everything, but it can be hard to know how to match your interests, skills, and passions up as you consider your career.
This two-day UpNext: Climate Careers program seeks to demystify the many existing and developing climate careers and sectors. The event is open to all students in all majors.
Through this panel discussion and networking reception (as well as small group discussions on Friday, March 31st), students will get an insider’s understanding of the opportunities, available career paths, and roles and skills necessary to enter future jobs and internships.
Panelists will talk about current and emerging trends shaping opportunities to work on climate change and their implications. Students also get a first-hand look into the personal career paths of participating alumni.
Cohosted by Center for Careers and Internships and Climate Action Capacity Project (CACP)
This event features:
- Alumni Panel – Thursday, March 30th at 4:30 pm in Wilson Hall/McCullough Student Center.
- Networking Reception – Thursday, March 30th in Wilson Hall after the Alumni Panel. Stick around to enjoy light snacks and networking with alumni, faculty, and fellow students.
- Small Group Career Conversations – 10:00 am-12:00 pm – Experienced alumni professionals currently employed by a variety of organizations and firms all relating to climate solutions will host multiple breakout sessions designed to set you up for success as you explore career possibilities, apply for positions, interview, and begin your own career tackling the solutions towards one of society’s largest global problems. Each workshop is 1 hour; stay as long as you can or visit another sector and expand your knowledge base.
Voyager Scholarship Application Deadline March 22, 2023
Nomination for Udall Scholarship–Applications Due 1/25/23
Applications Open for the Frederick Douglas Global Fellowship (summer program)
UpNext: Careers in Technology coming Friday, October 21st. If you are interested in a career in technology, don’t miss this chance to meet Midd alumni in the field!
This UpNext: Careers in Technology program brings alumni in various segments of the tech industry and varying functional roles to campus to give students an insider’s understanding of that industry, available career paths, and info about roles and skills necessary to enter future jobs and internships. Students also get first-hand look into the personal career paths of participating alumni from the Middlebury Professional Networks (MPNs).
This event features:
- One-on-one résumé review sessions with students and alumni (sign up required in Handshake).
- Lunchtime Alumni Panel in which these professionals discuss the industry and emerging trends/dynamics.
- Afternoon breakout sessions for the alumni guests to present on a number of topics within this field.
Learn more about the Alumni guests whose roles cover careers in Communications, Consulting, and Technology.