This opportunity for a teaching fellowship who happens to be a Middlebury Italian Language School graduate:

I am writing about a opportunity for Middlebury graduates and Middlebury language school graduates who are interested in a career in teaching in Independent schools.

After completing my masters degree at La Scuola Italiana in 2011, I experimented with working in different fields such as Study Abroad and Outdoor Education. In August 2017 I began the most recent stop on my journey, working as a Spanish Teaching Fellow at Pingree School, just north of Boston in Hamilton, Massachusetts.

The Pingree Fellowship Program is nearing the end of its first rotation and is looking to recruit recent college graduates from underrepresented backgrounds for the 2019-2020 school year (See mission statement below).

“The Pingree Fellowship Program works with talented, developing professionals to introduce the craft of teaching. In line with Pingree’s school mission statement, “a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community,” the Pingree Fellowship seeks to identify and work with promising people from traditionally underrepresented populations in independent schools. We aim to provide fellows with the opportunity to teach, coach, and advise, preparing them for a career in independent schools.” via Pingree Fellowship Program Homepage

This has been a fantastic opportunity for me to grow as an individual and have an impact on young people as a teacher, coach and mentor. I even had the chance to teach an elective course on Italian cinema during the final trimester last school year! I wanted to reach out to you in the hopes of communicating and promoting this position. I am happy to speak further over the phone or send promotional pamphlets. Please let me know where best to promote this opportunity.

Employment at Pingree

Spero che tutto vada bene da voi! Ci sentiamo presto.
Cordiali saluti,

Jim DiCenzo
Scuola Italiana 2011

Jim DiCenzo
Spanish Fellow | Pingree School
537 Highland St. | South Hamilton, MA 01982
jdicenzo@pingree.org | 978-468-4415 ext. 223