On Tuesday, December 19, 2017, the library will be offering limited services as we migrate our MIDCAT library catalog from a locally-hosted server environment to a vendor-hosted one. This includes all catalog look up, renewal, borrowing, MyMIDCAT, and circulation functions, from both on- and off-campus.
- Armstrong Library in Bicentennial Hall will be closed
- The Davis Family Library building will remain open but with limited services from 9am-5pm
- Patrons will not be able to look up library materials via MIDCAT
- Patrons will not be able to check out or renew library materials, including InterLibrary Loan (ILL) materials and including renewals via MyMIDCAT
- Patrons will be able to use physical materials on-site inside Davis Family Library
- Summon will be available, and, in the absence of MIDCAT, can be used to look up the call number of a physical book in order to locate it within the library. However, links from Summon to fuller descriptions contained within MIDCAT will not be functional
- Access to full-text journal articles and databases via Summon will be available
The migration is expected to last approximately 6 hours, and, while we hope it takes even less time than that, as with any technology change there are no guarantees. We will update the College community via this blog if the process takes significantly longer than 6 hours.
This is the first phase of a multi-phase project to upgrade the library catalog to a more modern platform, and it needs to be done during regular business hours in order to accommodate our vendor, Innovative Interfaces, Inc. The remainder of the migration will be scheduled during the interim period between the Spring 2018 semester and the beginning of the College’s summer programs. We will announce that date on this blog when finalized.