Present: Mike Roy, Terry Simpkins, Carol Peddie, Mary Backus, Chris Norris, Shel Sax
Absent: Doreen Bernier
We spent the first portion discussing various team issues, including:
- balancing team responsibilities with workgroup responsibilities
- the need to periodically review team charges, which will usually occur as team’s have completed their charge, or aspects of their charge
- the need for more team training, due primarily to the passage of time since the last training and the addition of new staff to LIS who may not have received sufficient background information in how the teams are expected to work.
Mike suggested quarterly check-ins for each team individually… we will take this suggestion back to the teams for their input.
We discussed the need to move forward with the MSLive/Google Apps evaluation, and Shel has agreed to lead the effort. We need to specify what, exactly, we’re evaluating (e.g., each platform as a whole package? Or individual pieces of the platforms?) Shel will have an evaluation plan in place by the end of December, and we hope to complete the evaluation and make a decision by the end of May.
Position descriptions and position justifications are due to directors by 11/21 for any position we’re bringing to SRC for consideration. We will finalize our staffing plan at next Friday’s retreat, after discussing the plan with all of LIS at the upcoming staff meeting.
We agreed to review the revised Sophos (anti-virus) change management proposal.
We discussed potential agenda items for the next staff meeting:
- R&R awards
- highlights from annual report
Mike will begin regular reviews of items in the project directory to check on health/status of projects.
Upcoming agenda items for future AD51 meetings:
- Update on the status of the Banner Hosting project
- Presentation from Curricular Technology Team on the plan to decommission Segue
- Change Management Plan for switching from Symantec to Sophos for anti-virus protection
Thanks for reading!