One more room to go!

I was sick, my photographer was sick, my driver was sick (there is some terrible flu going round) but we still managed to paint the second counseling room in Ongata Rongai yesterday! (17th)

Three students from Laiser Hill Academy, Aristedes Marinda, Samuel Ndung’u and Martin Nyanumba helped with the painting.

We began at around 11 am with a brief introduction of the project and GVRC. We completed the work a few minutes to 9 pm!

Before...

From left: John of GVRC, Aristedes, Martin and Samuel listening to a brief introduction of GVRC

Right, Hilda Nyatete a GVRC counselor giving the introduction

After...

.... 🙂

More pics under the child counseling rooms (photos) page.

Notes:

I have been approached severally with the idea of painting the paedriatic wards too, which I think is a brilliant idea. The coast branch is not yet open, so I have been thinking I might as well use some of the money to paint some of these wards.

The Paedriatic room in Rongai was painted today, Thursday 18th.

Tomorrow I spend the whole day being a kid again…. How? Shopping for toys with my mum…You should have seen and heard me squealing with delight last time we went window shopping….Am still a kid at heart and anyway  the toys nowadays are so fascinating!!! 🙂 🙂