CSO in The Campus

CSO PREPARES NEW SENIOR CLASS

On Monday, the senior class participated in the first of many Career Services Office (CSO) events they will attend this year. In a presentation that Adam Rice ’10 described as “informative yet terrifying,” Senior Associate Director of CSO Don Kjelleren and Associate Director Susan Walker prepared the seniors for the difficult road ahead and laid out the critical steps necessary for securing employment after graduation.
The slideshow began with videos of last year’s seniors urging this year’s class to start the search as early as possible. Seeing that only a quarter of the Class of 2009 was employed as of graduation highlighted the importance of dedicating oneself to the important task. We wish the seniors luck and say, Get to work!

SENIORS WEIGH IN ON CAREER SERVICES

“I really appreciate the e-mails we recieve from CSO about internships and jobs, especially opportunities during the summer. So many of the e-mails advertize opportunities that I am truly interested in. Every year in April, I am usually puzzled about summer jobs and the e-mails help guide me.”

-Max Kanter ‘10.5

“They helped me get a job at a place that required school credit by teaching me about transcript notation.”

– Dickie Redmond ‘10.5