Mental Strength

guarantee yourself a favorable outcome, but you can give yourself the foundation for success.

I had a bad race today. It straddled a gate a minute ten gates into the course. I was talking to a fellow member of the ski team about mentality. I was uneasy before today’s race. I had had two days of slalom training prior. I was not confident in the sharpness of my skis. I felt incredibly unprepared. My teammate and I were asking each other about the way that we had felt before our good races. We both agreed that we felt rather carefree and simply excited to be skiing. Today, I let the emotions get the best of me and ended up with a bad result.

I’m a good ski racer. I’ve been doing this thing for way too long to be put down by one bad race. I just need to keep pushing forward and training like I always have.

All this applies to school. Finals may stress us out. But, just think about how much you have learned in this one semester. Think about how much you have grown as a person. I know that I certainly have. Good luck with finals. Keep Calm, Carry On.

– Murph