Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows
Application Deadline: February 5, 2016
Program Dates: June 6, 2016 – July 13, 2016
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a fully paid and funded, five and a half week fellowship summer residential program for rising college juniors. Undergraduate leaders from diverse academic disciplines are invited to immerse themselves in a dynamic leadership curriculum inspired by the life and legacy of George Washington, and ultimately, consider what leadership truly means.
• A five and a half week residential, fully-funded summer fellowship in Washington, D.C.
• A $600 weekly stipend plus all room, board, and transportation expenses
• Interact with a cohort of like-minded student leaders from across the country
• Develop a mission-oriented service project as the program capstone
• Meet regularly with a personal mentor in your field of interest
• Accomplish positive change by digging deep into a cause you believe in
• Develop a network of professional contacts
• Become a lifelong member of a connected and engaged community of fellowship alumni
• All of this against the inspiring backdrop of our nation’s capital and George Washington’s Mount Vernon
Vermont EPSCoR Native American and First Generation Student Scholarship program website: www.uvm.edu/~cwdd/scholarships
To apply for a VT EPSCoR CWDD Student Scholarship, an applicant must be:
• A Vermont resident and United States citizen
• A graduating senior at a Vermont high school planning to attend a Vermont college during the next academic year, OR a current undergraduate enrolled in a degree program at a Vermont college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Enrolling or enrolled in a STEM major in college
• Of Native American ancestry OR a first generation college student
Application deadline: April 1, 2016
VT EPSCoR CWDD
Paid summer research internship opportunities for students in the sciences and/or social sciences! The North East Water Resources Network (NEWRnet) internship program offers student research opportunities in lake and watershed ecology, climatology, hydrology, biogeochemistry, soil nutrients, environmental engineering and environmental policy and management, as well as computer science and modeling. The program is especially interested in supporting students from populations underrepresented in science, including students from two year colleges, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and underrepresented minorities.
See the VT EPSCoR website for additional information:
Applications are due by Friday, February 19th, 2016.
We are excited to announce that the 2016-2017 White House Fellows application is now LIVE. The deadline for application submission is January 12, 2016. Are you a US citizen, committed to public service, interested in making a difference in government?
WHAT IS A WHITE HOUSE FELLOWSHIP?
Over the course of nine presidential administrations the non-partisan White House Fellows program has become the nation’s premiere fellowship for public service and leadership. White House Fellows are remarkable Americans with a commitment to service who come to Washington to gain first-hand, high-level experience in the Federal government and develop themselves as leaders. The fellowship year consists of a full-time work placement in the offices of Cabinet Secretaries, senior White House staff, and other high-ranking Administration officials. In addition, Fellows participate in a robust education program designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look at leadership in government, non-profits, business, the media and more. Learn more about the White House Fellows program here.
This is a reminder that the deadline for the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program, a program of the U.S. Department of State, is November 23rd, 2015 at 7:59pm EST. Now is the time to be working on your application and essays so that you can submit a strong application! For more information, see http://clscholarship.org/ . And if you are applying for this, and haven’t already talked with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org! Dean Gates is happy to provide feedback on application essays.