General Ground Rules

This is a set of ground rules for being a tenant of OSM that apply to both OSM and the Annex. The tenant contract is below. You must complete, electronically sign and send a copy of this document to oldstonemill@middlebury.edu in order for your application to be considered.

As an OSM tenant, I will:

1. Attend the end of semester tenant showcase.
  2. Understand that a final product is expected at the end of the semester; be it the product I intended to have upon starting my tenant-ship, simply an explanation of why my project went wrong, or something in between. SOMETHING.
  3. Refrain fromdrinking alcohol, smoking, or sleeping in the Old Stone Mill and Annex buildings.
  4. Clean up and maintain my personal belongings in an orderly manner within the space.
  5. Be respectful of the space, both the Annex or Old Stone Mill, and refrain from damaging the buildings or stealing property from the buildings.
  6. Be respectful of the belongings of fellow tenants. Remember that this is a shared space, not a personal office.
  7. Remove my belongings from the space at the end of the semester NOTE: the OSM is not responsible for any left items in the building. If there is no note, and we do not know who it belongs to, we will get rid of it.
  8. Acknowledge that any unused or reusable items purchased with grant money from the OSM will be left for others to use in the OSM in the future [i.e. paints, wood, canvas, baking supplies, etc.]

The owners of Storm Café are extremely kind and cooperative, but tenants must respect their hours and parking. Tenants are not allowed to park at the parking lot next to OSM at anytime. Tenants, especially those playing music, must also especially take note of the hours so as not to interrupt times of business (Tues.–Sat.,11am–10pm). Should you or a tenant ever have any questions, you can contact Storm Café at (802) 388-1063.