You are currently browsing the tag archive for the 'marketing' tag.
Name recognition is a key factor (hence why Tweeps follow celebrities)
Sometimes, ghost writers may not be the most effective way to manage your Twitter account
MC Hammer on ghosting in Twitter: “If I’m suddenly accessible on Twitter, and it’s not me, that defeats the purpose.”
How do you deal with Twitter squatters?
Non-profit running the campaign #140smiles as a case study for fundraising using Twitter. Check out 140smiles.com. Tweet that you are involved in the campaign and encourage your followers to become involved.
Web-based Twitter client designed for community and brand managers and Twitter power users. The fundamental difference between PeopleBrowsr and other Twitter clients is that what you see on the screen is only the tip of the iceberg. You can search only people you are following, or only DMs, or only tweets from your followers.
Web-based tabbed Twitter client that allows you to create groups. Supports RSS integration, builtin URL shortening, and rich stats.
On demand local business directory accessible via tweeting.
A web-based app that lets multiple people (contributors & publishers) post from a single Twitter account.
- Porter Gale, VP of Marketing, Virgin American (@VirginAmerica)
- Seth Greenburg, director, Online Advertising & Internet Media, Intuit (@turbotax)
- Jeramie McPeek, VP of Interactive Services, Phoenix Suns (@PhoenixSuns)
- Vicky Harres Akers, Director of Audience Development, PR Newswire (@prnewswire)
Use Twitter to put a face on a brand
Brands are on Twitter because their audience is already there
Consider where to find YOUR audience: are they on Facebook? Twitter?
Virgin America now has WiFi onboard, so you can tweet from 35,000 feet!
Cool use of Twitter: Virgin America passenger didn’t get meal, tweeted about it. Virgin saw it, messaged pilot, passenger served.
Guest service expectations are changing because Twitter is real-time (=fast!)
Channels are changing in order to manage these expectations
A Day in the Cloud Challenge
- Virgin America will team up with Google to run an interactive scavenger hunt
- June 24
- For people who want to see how technology is changing their life
- Can win air travel
- It’s easy to launch a blog or jump on other social media efforts — but WHY are you doing it?
- Word of mouth marketing is the best kind of marketing you can get; Twitter IS word of mouth marketing>
- Be authentic and active
- Find your customers and fish where the fish are; find people interested in your brand and follow them
@guykawasaki (Co-founder, Alltop)
- “Not having a business model is the new business model.”
- Spam is considered a delicacy in Hawaii
- If you’re following someone on Twitter, it’s not spam if you decide you don’t like their tweets
- Name 1 business and 1 non-profit with a breakthrough strategy on Twitter: Comcast (@comcastcares) and Mayo Clinic (@mayoclinic)
- Will Facebook status updates or Google Wave pose competition to Twitter?