Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 18.0F, Light Snow - 4:37 PM EST Jan. 30Temperature: 18.0°F | Humidity: 87% | Pressure: 29.91in (Rising) | Conditions: Light Snow | Wind Direction: NNW | Wind Speed: 6.0mph
- Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Advisory - Expires: 1:00 PM ESTWinter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Advisory for Addison County in effect until 1:00 PM EST on January 31, 2015
- Friday as of Jan. 30 10:00 AM ESTFriday - Overcast with snow, then snow showers in the afternoon. High of 34F with a windchill as low as 12F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the NNW in the afternoon. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
- Saturday as of Jan. 30 10:00 AM ESTSaturday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 10F with a windchill as low as -18F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night as of Jan. 30 10:00 AM ESTFriday Night - Overcast with a chance of snow in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 0F with a windchill as low as -15F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Current Conditions : 18.0F, Light Snow - 4:37 PM EST Jan. 30
Tree Map Updated
Having run inside, fleeing from the sub zero temperatures outside today, I spent the day updating our ArcGIS tree map with all the newly planted trees this year, as well as our removals. Seems like a good time to point towards the Campus Tree Map page, or go/treemap. The latest map contains all the trees we individually manage on campus, nearly 2500. Maybe if the cold spell lasts we’ll come up with a smartphone compatible tour…