Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Wednesday as of Nov. 26 10:00 PM ESTWednesday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and a chance of rain in the morning, then overcast with snow. High of 39F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%.
- Wednesday Night as of Nov. 26 10:00 PM ESTWednesday Night - Overcast with snow. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 9 in. possible.
- Thursday as of Nov. 26 10:00 PM ESTThursday - Overcast with a chance of snow in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 36F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
- Winter Storm Warning - Expires: 7:00 AM ESTWinter Storm Warning for Addison County in effect until 7:00 AM EST on November 27, 2014
- Current Conditions : 28.1F, Light Snow - 9:38 PM EST Nov. 26Temperature: 28.1°F | Humidity: 97% | Pressure: 29.94in (Steady) | Conditions: Light Snow | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 11.0mph
- Wednesday as of Nov. 26 10:00 PM EST
Tree Map Updated
Having run inside, fleeing from the sub zero temperatures outside today, I spent the day updating our ArcGIS tree map with all the newly planted trees this year, as well as our removals. Seems like a good time to point towards the Campus Tree Map page, or go/treemap. The latest map contains all the trees we individually manage on campus, nearly 2500. Maybe if the cold spell lasts we’ll come up with a smartphone compatible tour…