Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 22.6F, Light Snow - 6:45 PM EST Mar. 1Temperature: 22.6°F | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 30.21in (Rising) | Conditions: Light Snow | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 4.0mph
- Sunday Night as of Mar. 1 4:00 PM ESTSunday Night - Overcast with snow. Low of 23F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
- Sunday as of Mar. 1 4:00 PM ESTSunday - Overcast with snow in the afternoon. High of 34F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70%.
- Monday as of Mar. 1 4:00 PM ESTMonday - Overcast with a chance of snow in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 18F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
- Current Conditions : 22.6F, Light Snow - 6:45 PM EST Mar. 1
Tree Map Updated
Having run inside, fleeing from the sub zero temperatures outside today, I spent the day updating our ArcGIS tree map with all the newly planted trees this year, as well as our removals. Seems like a good time to point towards the Campus Tree Map page, or go/treemap. The latest map contains all the trees we individually manage on campus, nearly 2500. Maybe if the cold spell lasts we’ll come up with a smartphone compatible tour…