Benefits Open Enrollment is being conducted electronically again this year. You will be receiving an e-mail (ooa Oct 30th) detailing our 2016 benefits as well as step-by-step instructions on how to enroll using BannerWeb. Human Resources will gladly help you through the process; if you have questions please call x2320.
All benefits eligible Faculty and Staff are required to complete Open Enrollment between November 1st & 14th.
Flexible Spending Accounts – it’s not too early to start calculating your 2016 annual election. Per federal law, this year’s annual limit is $2,550 (plus you may roll up to $500 of unused 2015 Health Care FSA funds into your 2016 account). If you will have large medical expenses next year (orthodontist work, laser eye surgery, etc.) you should make sure you know how much your out of pocket cost will be for these services before Open Enrollment starts.
For additional information on Flexible Spending Accounts, including a Planning Worksheet visit the Flex Spending webpage.
For Questions and Answers regarding the Health Care FSA rollover click here
We are pleased to announce that our prescription plan has elected to cover flu vaccines at a $0 copay for employees enrolled in Middlebury College’s health insurance plan. To take advantage of this $0 copay program, employees can choose from any of the following options:
- Visit any of the Magellan Rx participating pharmacies and present your CBA Blue ID Card to receive the vaccine for a $0 co-pay.
- If you choose to visit a non-participating pharmacy, you can still receive the vaccine. You will be required to pay full cost at the time of administration; however, request an itemized receipt to submit the claim directly to CBA Blue for 100% reimbursement from the medical plan.
- Visit a Blue Cross/Blue Shield doctor. The doctor’s office will submit the claim directly to CBA Blue, and the claim will be paid 100% from the medical plan.
- If you choose to visit an out-of-network doctor, you can still receive the vaccine. You will be required to pay full cost at the time of administration; however, request an itemized receipt to submit the claim directly to CBA Blue for 100% reimbursement from the medical plan.
Due to the convenience and increased cost-effectiveness of the Magellan Rx plan, Middlebury College will not be hosting an on-site clinic for employees this year. We encourage you to take advantage of the $0 copay program today.
Please feel free to contact Lisa Hoff, Benefits Specialist, at email@example.com or x3372 with any questions.
The maximum amount of CTO (combined time off) that can be carried into the next fiscal year is capped at 24 days (see table below for maximum hourly equivalents). Any CTO in excess of 24 days will automatically be transferred into your SLR as of June 26, for pay period 13 (6/8/15 – 6/21/15). Please plan accordingly. In order to avoid confusion and ease planning for employees, the CTO max is now applied to the last full pay period in June.
Throughout the year each employee is responsible for managing his/her CTO amounts within the applicable limits. Remember, if you allow your balance to reach maximum during any pay period except the final one of the fiscal year, your excess accrual does not automatically transfer to SLR –instead you will stop accruing and forfeit the un-accrued CTO time. Now is a good time to check your CTO balance in BannerWeb or a recent paycheck stub and plan your CTO use for the next few days and the upcoming fiscal year accordingly.
You may also transfer your own CTO at any time. When you report your time via BannerWeb, enter the number of hours you wish to transfer on the web time sheet in the row titled “Transfer CTO to SLR.”
CTO Maximum Amounts
||CTO Maximum in Days
||CTO Max. in hours for employees w/ scheduled 8 hour days
||CTO Max. in hours for employees w/ scheduled 7.75 hour days
|As of the last full pay period of June
|Any other time
Get great eyewear brands at low cost.
Seeing your local VSP provider for your annual eye exam is the perfect time to shop designer frames or stock up on contacts. Want to shop before visiting your VSP doctor or just prefer to buy eyewear online? You can go to the VSP store, eyeconic.com.
Your VSP benefit gets you a great deal on high-quality eyewear at your VSP practice or Eyeconic™. How about a pair of Nine West frames (NW5062–the snappy blue ones) with standard prescription lenses?
- Retail price: $133
- VSP benefit: $140*
- Your price: $0**
Put your VSP benefit to work for your eyes!
Participants can now scan and submit documents and claims to CBA Blue electronically via the Secure Document Submission Portal.
This portal can be used to submit any of the following:
- FSA/DCA Reimbursement Claims
- Medical and/or Dental Claims
- Coordination of Benefits (COB) Letters
- Direct Deposit Forms
- General Correspondence
From the CBA Blue/Middlebury College landing page (http://select.cbabluevt.com/middlebury/) click on the Claim and Document Submission icon. This will direct you to the CBA Blue Secure Document Submission Portal.
After uploading your documents successfully via the secure portal, you will be presented with the confirmation page and the assigned Transaction Number for your records.
Middlebury College’s Health Plan has a “Coordination of Benefits” provision that requires CBA Blue to maintain information on file regarding other insurance coverage you or your dependents may have. Annually CBA Blue sends out a Coordination of Benefits form that all enrolled employees must complete to ensure proper processing of your health insurance claims. You should receive the form from CBA Blue within the next few days. Please be sure to complete it and return it to them as instructed. This form is required for all enrolled employees (even if you and your dependents do not have other insurance). This information is necessary for proper processing of your claims in a timely manner. Failure to provide accurate information on other coverage may result in serious financial consequences.
Trouble-free employee benefit plan administration requires a strong partnership between employees and Human Resources. The Human Resources Department works diligently each year-end to accurately process the thousands of required or requested benefit record changes and then to check and double-check our work. However, in the end, we also must rely on you, the employee, to do your part in managing your benefits by confirming that you are enrolled in the benefits you intended to elect. Please carefully review your first paycheck and let us know if you have questions or if anything seems amiss.
- All medical plan participants were mailed new ID cards in December. These new ID cards have information regarding our new pharmacy benefit manager, MagellanRx, including their group and plan number, as well as their customer service phone number. Please confirm that you have received your new ID card. If you did not receive your new ID cards or if you need additional cards (for example, for a child away at college) call CBA Blue customer service (1-888-222-9206).
- If you have been utilizing NEMOP for mail-order prescriptions and have not yet made arrangements to transfer your account to MagellanRx please do so by calling Magellan at 1-800-424-0472 to set up an account.
- If you made a change to who is covered under your medical or dental plan, your new ID cards should reflect those changes. If your new ID cards do not list the correct family members please contact Lisa Hoff at x3372.
- As was announced in October, the employee portion of the medical & dental premiums did not increase for 2015. However, any employee who made coverage level (single/2 person/family) changes should see a premium change in the first paycheck of 2015.
Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Premiums changes related to a change in coverage amount or age-band changes (5 year increments) should be reflected in the first paycheck in 2015. If you made changes or you hit a new age band in 2015, please confirm that your premium changed.
- Requests for new life coverage or for increases in life coverage over the guarantee issue amount are not effective until approved by Mutual of Omaha. An Evidence of Insurability form must be submitted by you to Mutual of Omaha if you have requested this type of change. Mutual of Omaha will notify you directly of approval or denial. Any premium changes will be made as of the effective date of the approved coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- 2015 elections for the Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts should be reflected in the first paycheck of 2015. Please review your pay stub and confirm that your contribution is correct (divide your total annual election by 26 to calculate your per pay-period election.)
- If you are a new Flexible Spending Account plan participant (you were not enrolled in a FSA last year) then FSA Benefits Cards were mailed to your home address in mid-December. If you had a FSA last year you will not be issued a new card as they are valid for 3 years. If your card is three years old, it will be good through January 31st and a new card will be issued by mid-January. The Benefits Card can be used to access funds in your Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. Important information about the FSA Benefits Card is available at http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/business/hr/staffandfaculty/benefits/flex.
- You have until March 15, 2015 to file claims against your 2014 flexible spending accounts for expenses incurred in 2014. The FSA Claim form and other helpful information on Flexible Spending Accounts can be found at http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/business/hr/staffandfaculty/benefits/flex. Please visit CBA Blue’s website at http://select.cbabluevt.com/middlebury/ to review your account information.
- If you submitted forms prior to the holiday break requesting changes to your Voluntary Retirement Plan or to enroll in the 457b Salary Deferral Supplemental Retirement Plan, your new elections should have been reflected in your first paycheck of 2015. If you requested changes please confirm that your elections are as expected.
If you have made a change to who is covered on your medical or dental plan and you have not received your new ID card(s), or if a benefit deduction doesn’t look right to you, or if you have any other questions or concerns about your benefits, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible. Thanks for doing your part to keep our benefit plans running smoothly!
Your Benefits Team,
~Lisa Hoff, Benefits Specialist (Health/Dental/Vision/Flex Spending) x3372
~Franklin Daniel, Benefits Specialist (Retirement Plans & Retiree Medical/Dental) x5755
~Cheryl Mullins, Benefits & Compensation Manager x5542