The following stats refer to activity on the Middlebury College Facebook page, the Middlebury College Twitter account, and share buttons on the main Middlebury College website. For trend comparison, the previous month’s statistics are included in parentheses, where appropriate.
- 229 (233) new people liked our Page, while 57 (52) people unliked our Page.
- 2049 (801) unique people shared stories about our page. These stories include liking our Page, posting to our Page’s Wall, liking, commenting on or sharing one of our Page posts, answering a Question we posted, RSVPing to one of our events, mentioning our Page, phototagging our Page or checking in at our Place. [Daily People Talking About This]
- 58721 (20737) unique people saw one of the items shared in that way. [Daily Viral Reach]
- 104926 (48283) unique people saw content associated with our Page. [Daily Total Reach]
Top Five Facebook Posts
“Reach” is the number of people who saw the post. “Engagement” is the number of people who clicked on the post.
- Middlebury students are confronting a formerly taboo subject — how much each of them pays to be at Midd. Check out this article in the Chronicle of Higher Education. Reach: 8101, Engagement: 1489
- Middlebury is the most “winter wonderful” campus according to BuzzFeed. (Beautiful pic by Midd staffer Adam Franco!) Reach: 713, Engagement: 1069
- This amazing short film by new Feb graduate Bianca Giaever ’12.5 might be the best eight minutes you’ll spend today. (It’s quickly gone viral and you’ll see why when you watch it.) Reach:7356, Engagement: 999
- Do you have fond memories of J-term? Tell us what J-term course you’d want to teach if you came back to Midd. some day. Reach: 5997, Engagement: 377
- Check out the Feb Cam video, shot today at the annual ski-down celebration for February graduates. Special thanks to Feb Hanna Howell for wearing the camera up and down the mountain. Reach: 5077, Engagement: 290
ShareThis is a service that tracks the clicks on the sharing buttons on our website. These buttons are shown on news postings, which are primarily found in the News Room, Arts, Sustainability, and Athleticssections of the site.
Shares By Channel
- Facebook: 72 (51) Shares, 3359 (3332) Clicks
- Twitter: 31 (43) Shares, 579 (425) Clicks
- Email: 28 (39) Shares, 248 (1050) Clicks
- LinkedIn: 6 (13) Shares, 4 (6) Clicks
Top Five Shared Pages
- Men’s Basketball Loses Triple-Overtime Thriller To Amherst Shares: 13, Clicks 8
- Carolyn Kuebler to become editor of the New England Review Shares: 12, Clicks 691
- Men’s Basketball To Host Curry In NCAA Tournament Game – Ticket Info. Shares: 8, Clicks 71
- Soccer Drafts Crown Point’s Dmitri Duval From Team IMPACT Shares: 7, Clicks 343
- Women’s DMR Team Breaks National Record Shares: 7, Clicks 295